Mass Storage Support for USB Host Library 2.0 released!
By Oleg Mazurov
The code supporting USB Mass Storage Class of devices has been added to USB Host Shield 2.0 library and is available to download on GitHub. Mass storage devices include USB Flash drives, memory card readers, external hard drives/CD-ROMs, smartphones/tablets, and some others – almost anything that shows as a drive while connected to a PC (exceptions are digital cameras as well as some phones pretending to be digital cameras). Andrew Kroll (who made this release possible) – thank you very much!
At present, the code example, also featuring Andrew’s FAT and extended memory implementation, can only be run on “big” Arduinos such as Mega and Mega 2560. Another FAT implementation, developed by Alex Glushchenko, is being tested – there is a slight possibility that at least some functionality can be demonstrated on a regular UNO board. On the other hand, the mass storage component can be used without a file system by simply reading/writing physical sectors; this approach can save a lot of memory. The documentation for the mass storage class code is available here.
Many hours has been spent testing the code; it should work with any device which claims to support “mass storage bulk only” transport. While newer (less than 5 years old) won’t cause any problems, older ones could be finicky. If your device shows odd behaviour with this code, please let me know – I will trade it for the good working one.
Original Post: https://www.circuitsathome.com/mcu/mass-storage-support-for-usb-host-library-2-0-released
Check out homepage www.circuitsathome.com
- HID support for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released
- Bluetooth RFCOMM/SPP service support for USB Host 2.0 Library released!
- USB Host Shield library Version 2.0 released.
- Sony PS3 Controller support added to USB Host library
- Wireless Xbox360 controller support for USB Host 2.0 library
- Arduino 1.0-compatible USB Host Library released
- Google Open Accessory Interface for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released
- Andriod ADK-compatible USB Host Library release.
- USGlobalsat ND-100S GPS receiver works with USB Host library
- A documentation project for USB Host Library 2.0 has begun!
Hi, I am Charles your local Home Tech and Gadget Expert. I’ve been fascinated with electricity for as long as I can remember. I grew up in an old home in a rural setting, so the quality and continuity of our electrical service were spotty at best.
Spending time without power (or running off a generator) gave me a lot of appreciation for the benefits of electricity. I love writing and talking about it.