Best USB C and USB A Power Tester
If you have ever wondered what USB-C and USB-A cables are compatible with your devices, then this article is for you! The truth is that there are so many options out there that it can be hard to know which one will work best. That’s where the USB-C & USB-A Power Tester comes in. It tests if a power cable will charge your device, or if it’s just another dud. This review will help guide you through everything about the product and why it might be worth making room on your desk for one of these bad boys!
Early versions of USB were only intended for data transfer. There was no official voltage rating at all! Coiled copper wires, on the other hand, are capable of transferring electricity by definition. In the case of USB 1.0, this was approximately 1.5 volts, but it was sufficient to power very small devices. Manufacturers jumped on the opportunity almost immediately, and USB designers took notice. Later versions of USB were designed to deliver increasing amounts of power. You could start by powering a USB desk fan. You could then charge your smartphone. Nowadays, you can use USB to power a laptop, an external hard drive, and other mid-sized devices.
Top 5 USB C and USB A Power Tester on Amazon
- UPGRADED MULTIFUNCTIONAL USB C POWER METER: Detects the charging status and process of your USB-enabled or type c-enabled devices. Supports QC3.0, QC2.0 and BC1.2. A Must Gadget checks the charging performance (charging speed and quality) of the output wall/car/solar panel chargers and USB charging cables. It can be also used to find the highest current of the Wireless Charger, and test capacity and electric energy of power bank.
- PROFESSIONAL SAFETY GUARD: Featured with over-voltage protection, over-current protection, under-voltage protection, low energy protection and alarm system. This upgraded USB Type C tester can detect safety and maximally protect the appliances from damaging. It will cut off output automatically and alarm by sound, while it will save data when power off suddenly.
- MULTIPLE COLOR SCREEN DISPLAY MODES: New upgraded version offers 8 LCD main color screen display interfaces, allowing switching the display interface by pressing the key. With the new interface settings, this instrument can monitor voltage, current, capacity, electric quantity, power, load impedance, D+/D- voltage and other data of USB.
- USB Color Display Tester can monitor Voltage, Current, Capacity, Electric Quanity, Power,Temperature,Load Impedance, D+/D- Voltage, Charging Time and other data of USB, and supports Qualcomm QC3.0 compatible QC2.0, Bc1.2, and Apple 2.4A and other protocol quick charging voltage ranges, support OTG fucntion.8192 Pixel TFT Color Display ,Two in one measurement of USB and Type C.Timed charging sound reminder and full charge sound reminder.When the power is > 0.5W, the time will be calculated!
- 1.USB-C male head replacement cost of copper pin contact plug better, tighter current data more reliable. 2.The screen 180 degrees flip display settings function, to adapt to some chargers using inverted display as a positive display. 3.the OTG protocol of Type-C can open the OTG digital function by inserting a random embedded Android switch head in the upper left corner of Android line.
- 4.The interface settings such as overvoltage, low voltage, overcurrent, backlight time, etc., and switch to the corresponding interface at the short button at the front desk, set up by adding double or three strokes. 5.The built-in PD protocol can open the Type-C interface with the PD protocol's intelligent charger unloaded power output display, so as to facilitate aging and testing. 6.The PD protocol quick charging mode measurement.
- Multi Functional Tester: Multiple interfaces (USB input/output, Type-C input/output and Micro USB input),Used to detects the charging status and process of your USB-enabled or type c-enabled devices.Data transfer supported but have limitations,please refer to product description for using details .Supports QC3.0, QC2.0 and BC1.2 ,MTK in different devices. It can be also used to find the highest current of the Wireless Charger, and test capacity and electric energy of power bank.
- Safety Protection: Featured with Over-voltage protection, Over-current protection, under-voltage protection, low energy protection and alarm system. So, this USB Type C tester can detect safety and maximally protect the appliances from damaging. It will cut off output automatically and alarm by sound, while it will save data when power off suddenly.
- LCD MULTI-COLOR Display : Upgraded version offers IPS HD 9 LCD main color screen display interfaces, allowing switching the display interface by pressing the key. Support English or Chinese Language show, and individual screen display for more visible enjoyment.
- High PrColor screen - 8 interfaces - Support USB, Type-C, DC5.5, micro USB. It can measure the voltage and current changes during the operation/charging process of various DC inverters such as mobile phones, notebooks, desk lamps, routers, set-top boxes, etcracy display. Its measurement accuracy reaches 0.00001.
- Wide Applications：With the USB tester, you are able to test notebooks, car emergency power supplies, routers and other DC products, monitoring current, voltage, power, capacity, power and other state of charge in real time.
- The tester and mobile phone enable to realize APP. And charging status, various measurement data & graph can be transmitted and viewed on your phone. You can switch different measurement interfaces by pressing the button.
- Real-time detection of the state of charge of the appliance, voltage, current, power and other indicators, Support the identification of QC2.0, QC3.0, PD, SAMSUNG quick charge protocol;
- The tester is widely used in the quality inspection of 3C digital and peripheral products of Type-C interface. It is the first choice for electronics enthusiasts;
- It adopts 0.96 inch IPS high-definition color liquid crystal display, which can be connected in two directions, 160 degree wide viewing angle, high brightness and long working life;
USB C Voltage Current Voltmeter
One of the most frustrating things about owning an iPhone 7 has been charging my phone at night – I’ve had more than my fair share of waking up to an uncharged smartphone.
If you’ve ever had an experience like mine – then the USB-C Power Tester might be for you! This device will allow you to test out your power cables and figure out which ones are worth keeping on hand. It’ll also let you know if that dud from Amazon is actually going to charge your device quickly. You can find this tester anywhere between $24-$30 online, making it a worthwhile investment for any tech lover who simply wants their devices charged without worry or hassle.
My favorite thing about this product is how easy it is to use.
Related article: USB Power Monitors
What to look for in a USB-C Power Tester?
– A USB-C Power Tester should be able to test any cables with a female port that is capable of carrying power. This includes charging cables and even USB cords for your devices like laptops, phones, tablets, etc.
– It’s important to take into account the length of cord (the longer the better) when considering which one you want to purchase. You also need to consider whether or not it has grounding capabilities because these can help protect against electric shock in certain situations.
Finally, make sure it’s easy enough on batteries so you don’t have an issue using this product time and again! :)
If you’re looking for a device that will provide peace of mind at night – then I would highly our list on this article.
Functions Test Charging Speed & Quality of USB Cable.
– USB C Power Tester: This product is for those who are looking to test the quality of USB cables and chargers. It’s perfect for figuring out if your charging cable or adapter can actually carry power through it successfully. We’ve all been there before where we’re plugging in our devices, but nothing happens because the cord isn’t capable of carrying a charge!
– USB A Power Tester: This device tests whether or not your charger is able to deliver enough electricity (in amps) needed to charge a particular device you have plugged into it. If you love knowing how much juice that new battery has left – then this tool will help say goodbye to guessing games forever! :)
The last thing I would recommend is to make sure that you’re using the correct USB plug for your device. Some phones and tablets require a micro usb charger, while others need an apple iphone connector.
A Must-Have Gadget for Testing or Repairing Phones and Chargers
– Examine the charging performance (charging speed and quality) of the output wall/car/solar panel chargers and USB charging cables, as well as the power bank’s capacity and electric energy.
– It can also be used to determine the Wireless Charger’s/Wireless Charging Stand’s/Wireless Charging Pad’s maximum current output.
Note: If the USB Tester does not display any parameters, please insert the small adapter included with the package into the USB Tester’s side hole to activate the PD Charging Function.
Test Capacity and Electric Energy of Power Bank
Make sure the power bank to be tested is fully charged first, then plug this USB Tester into it and reset the capacity and electric energy by long pressing, and connect your phone or load or other discharging devices, allowing it to charge your phone or load or other discharging devices until the power bank runs out of energy. Finally, the reading on this multimeter is accurate information about the capacity of your power.
Here is one example of one of the a good USB C and USB A Power tester.
The Klein Tools ET920 USB Power Meter, USB-A and USB-C Digital Meter for Voltage, Current, Capacity, Energy and Resistance.
Klein Tools is a tried and true manufacturer that makes a variety of measuring and testing equipment. The ET920 USB Power Meter has a handy four-way selector knob that allows you to quickly measure voltage, current, capacity and energy. It also displays the resistance level of the circuit in ohms for quick diagnostics.
That is all true but it does not have a battery built into it so you will need an extra power pack or another device with a Micro USB port to charge this tester up as well as your phone or load because if it gets low on power then nothing will work until you plug something else into it.
This meter can help test if your USB hub works properly by measuring its output voltage and checking out how much electricity is delivered through each one of its ports at any given moment – making sure they are nicely flowing to charge your USB-powered devices.
Another use would be to test the output of chargers and power banks, such as those used for mobile phones or tablets. This way you can measure how much current is delivered by each port in amps (or milliamps) – a handy tool when planning which charger will best suit different gadgets.
Functions and Accuracy
The ET920 isn’t just a professional-grade camera on the outside. It also offers some of the best testing results money can buy. For starters, it may necessitate a variety of reading styles. Voltage, current (amps), resistance, charge delivered, and even power bank capacity can all be measured. It does not, however, rely solely on these readings. It has the capability of storing up to ten readings in memory for later recall. Even better, it can continuously monitor up to 1,000 hours and track minimum and maximum numbers. This means you can leave it in place for nearly six weeks and still have data for the entire time.
You can test almost any USB connection in terms of reading range. On the USB Type-A side, you can detect current ranging from 3 to 20 volts and 0.05 to 3 amps. The minimum numbers are the same for Type-C, but the tester can handle up to 5 amps. Why so much? The maximum power for USB Power Delivery is 100 watts at 20 volts and 5 amps (PD). There is currently no USB port on any of the devices. Meanwhile, for diagnostic purposes, a very low minimum of 0.05 amps is available. After all, you’re most likely testing a USB connection because it’s not working properly. The lower the recommended minimum reading, the better.
In conclusion, this power tester is an excellent device that not only tests whether a USB connection works properly but also if it delivers enough juice to provide ample energy for fast charging various types of smartphones and other portable electronics with USB ports. With smart features like displaying voltage, current capacity and resistance levels at the push of a button, this should be something every gadget junkie has on their desk
I hope this review helped people to feel more educated about USB cables & chargers! This is especially important because there are so many different types out in the market today – it can be hard to know which one will fit your needs best. I recommend going with a brand you trust most often, or at least making sure they offer some sort of warranty on their products as well :)