5 Top Energy Efficient Electric Space Heaters For Home Reviewed
When the time comes for you to buy a new space heater, you want to make sure that it offers you want you need in terms of performance, while also remaining efficient and safe to use as well.
Safety is a big concern for many people, but you also want to get value for your money in terms of heating performance. There’s no reason why you can’t get all of these things from your space heater; you just need to make the right choice.
The way the energy efficient space heater you choose looks when it’s placed in your home also matters. But don’t worry because we’re going to take all of these important things into account as we offer you a clear and coherent overview of the best space heaters that are on the market right now.
We go into each of the units in our electric space heater buyers guide below, but for those in a hurry, here are the heaters we reviewed:
Most Energy Efficient Space Heaters
So, if you’re looking to buy a brand new energy efficient space heater for your home or wherever you want to use it, you should read on now and find out more about the 5 best options that are out there and available to buy right now. They offer something different and the information below will help you buy the one that’s right for you.
Strong Aesthetic Appeal
The first thing you’ll notice about the Lasko 6405 Designer Oscillating Heater is its design. It may look a little unusual at first, but its aesthetic appeal makes it ideal for the home. It looks as much like an ornament as a heater, and that’s what many people are looking for.
Self-Regulating Ceramic Element Improves Safety
It has a self-regulating ceramic element and this is significant because it makes the heater safer in the home. When buying a heater for the home, safety is something that always has to be taken into account and the fact that this one goes above and beyond to improve safety should be applauded.
Automatic Overheat Protection
Speaking of safety, the automatic overheat protection system that’s in place is also something worth celebrating. It means that when the heater is in use in your home, you won’t have to worry about it overheating and causing potential safety issues for you, which is definitely a positive thing.
Easy to Use and Control
All in all, this space heater is very easy to use and control in a way that suits you and your daily needs. You can set the electronic thermostat in an intuitive and simple to understand way. And it’ll automatically turn off after 7 hours which is a nice feature too.
- Widespread oscillation
- Adjustable thermostat with automatic shut-off timer
- Fully assembled. 10" x 10" x 16" tall.
- 1500 watts of comforting warmth with high, low and thermostat controlled settings
- ETL listed. Oscillation for broad coverage . Please note : No remote
Thanks to the wheels on this heater, it’s very easy to move around, so you can place it wherever it’s going to be most effective for you in your home. It’s perhaps the most easily portable efficient space heater that’s on the market right now and that’s something that appeals to many buyers.
The fact that the DeLonghi HMP1500 Panel Heater is pretty much silent when in use is another thing that many people love about it. Silent operation is hard to come by, so if you need a space heater but don’t want to be distracted by noise all the time, this might be the solution for you.
Simple and Stylish Design
The overall design of this space heater is simple, sleek and stylish. If you’re looking for something that can blend in and not necessarily demand attention, this is the kind of space heater you’re most likely looking for. There’s nothing complicated about it and that can be a real plus point.
Good Safety Features
There’s also a range of good safety features in place that you’ll be happy to rely on once you’re using it in your home. It uses a safety thermal cut-off meaning it won’t overheat and there’s also a tip-over switch which jumps into action if the heater becomes unstable for whatever reason.
- FULL ROOM WARMTH: Packs 1500 watts of heating power for full room comfort
- SLEEK LOOK: Whether set on the floor or mounted to the wall, this is a stylish way to stay warm
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings allow you to customize to your heating needs
- CONVENIENT WALL MOUNT: Safe and easy to mount to any wall with included kit
- PORTABLE WARMTH: Lightweight, compact unit with convenient handle and wheels easily moves from room to room
Ideal for Heating Small Areas of the Home That Are in Use
One of the things that the Lifesmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace is best at is heating small areas of the home. That’s key because zone heating is how most people should heat their space. There’s no need to heat spaces that aren’t even being used.
Very Clean and Efficient
The point raised above is one of the reasons why this heater is so clean and efficient. You won’t have to worry about wasting energy by heating areas that really don’t need to be heated. There’s no fuel or toxins either, so you can be sure that this is a clean solution for your home.
Doesn’t Dry Out the Air
Unlike some other space heaters, this one doesn’t dry out the air when it’s in use. Instead, it’s capable of keeping the air properly moisturized. The infrared system is capable of heating the people and things in the room rather than heating the air.
Dancing Flame Display Looks Great and Offers Ambience
The display on this model of space heater is very impressive as well. If you’re looking for a little extra ambience and more of a visual impact from your space heater, the dancing flame display should provide that for you. It looks the part and enables you to relax more easily.
- Dimensions: 28”L X 11”W X 20”H
- Heats 1000 sq. feet with 5100 BTU’s
- Features a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel
- Two levels of realistic fire glow
- Produces natural, quiet, and efficient infrared heat
There are various settings and an adjustable programmable thermostat that come with the Lasko 6562 Full-Cycle Warmth Ceramic Space Heater. It’s a great product that comes fully assembled and is easy to start using in your home right away. It also has some very good safety features in place.
With an adjustable thermostat and full-circle oscillation, you can have full control over this heater and you want it to be used in your home. On top of that, it’ll heat the space in a convenient and effective way. That’s what’s most important when you buy a new space heater.
Convenient Remote Control
With a convenient remote control, you can make sure that you’re able to use the space heater and change its settings whenever you need to, even if you’re not sitting near to it. This offers you greater control over the heater and enables you to make the most of all of its features.
If you’re looking for peace and quiet in your home, you can use the quiet settings that come with the Lasko 6562 Full-Cycle Warmth Ceramic Space Heater. It’s a good option to have if you need some peace and quiet but still want to be able to use the heater.
Easy to Clean Filters
The filters in place on this space heater are very easy to clean, and that’s always a positive thing. It can be frustrating and difficult to clean some space heaters but not cleaning them leads to increasing inefficiency. You won’t have to worry about that if you choose this model.
- Choice of 2 Heat Settings - including high heat and low heat plus an Auto setting make this electric space heater ideal for warming up an area in your home or home office. With full-circle oscillation this heater distributes warm air throughout the entire room.
- 3 Heat Sweep Settings - allows this space heater to distribute warm air throughout large rooms. The full circle design allows you to select 90, 170, or full 360 degree coverage. While an easy to clean filter ensures the heater runs efficiently.
- Adjustable Programmable Thermostat - with digital display allows you to adjust the heater's 1500 watt ceramic heating element. With an easy to read digital temperature display you can select a wide range of temperatures in Fahrenheit or Celsius.. Heating coverage: 300 Sq. ft
- Built-in Safety Features - overheat protection ensures the space heater does not overheat even if left on for an extended amount of time. While a cool touch exterior keeps the heater cool to the touch even after running for hours.
- Fully Assembled - allows you to take the heater out of the box and have it working it minutes. Simply plug the heater into a wall outlet, adjust the thermostat, and enjoy the warmth from your new Lasko space heater.
Energy Saving Auto Mode
If you’re concerned about the amount of energy you might use when using a space heater in your home, the energy saving auto mode on the Dr Infrared Portable Space Heater should put your mind at ease to some extent. It’s able to perform well and heat your space even in this mode.
Quiet and Efficient
As we’ve already mentioned, this is one of the most efficient space heaters on the market right now, and that’s one of the main reasons why so many people are buying it for their homes. On top of that, it manages to perform relatively quietly.
Tip-Over and Overheat Protection
There are good safety features you can rely on, such as the tip-over and overheat protection features and these certainly shouldn’t be overlooked when choosing a new space heater. You want to be able to rely on it at all times without worrying about safety.
All in all, the heating offered by this heater is comfortable and warming. It does what you want it to and never becomes overbearing or too much. And you can control it in a variety of ways to ensure that’s the case.
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 86 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72 inch long
Making Sense Of Electric Heater Differences
If you’ve ever wondered about the differences in size and types of electric space heaters, here is a good YouTube video that discusses some of the marketing confusion: