New version of USB Host library has been uploaded to gitHub. I managed to find a couple of bugs and solve some compatibility issues. The biggest change, however, has been made on the very lowest level of the library – SPI transfers between Arduino and MAX3421E registers.
From the beginning, USB Host firmware relied on Arduino Playground SPI library. Starting from version 0018 of Arduino IDE, this library became part of the distro. Two versions after that, Arduino team decided to re-write SPI library, among other things changing function names. As a result, USB Host code became incompatible with “stock” SPI library. To remedy the situation, I incorporated SPI routines directly into MAX3421E support code. The new code is independent of Arduino SPI library and builds correctly on “old” (i.e. 0017) and “new” (0021) versions of Arduino IDE. In addition to that, new code accounts for SPI pinout difference between Arduino variants and works on both Atmega 328 and Atmega 1280/2560 based boards. ( Note: the current rev1.x USB Host Shield still needs to be modified to work with Megas )
The new library can be downloaded from USB Host Shield gitHub repository. If you are upgrading existing installation of the library, please make a backup copy before downoading! I checked it against all code examples and USB devices in my possession and everything works without a hitch. However, code written with tight timing may stop working because of speed difference since new SPI routines are slightly faster.
As you can see in the title picture ( click on it to enlarge ), the line
#include "Spi.h" is no longer needed. In next several days I’m going to update all USB examples on this site to match the new code. If you have any any problems with the library, please let me know!
- USB Host Shield library Version 2.0 released.
- Arduino 1.0-compatible USB Host Library released
- HID support for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released
- USGlobalsat ND-100S GPS receiver works with USB Host library
- Mass Storage Support for USB Host Library 2.0 released!
- A documentation project for USB Host Library 2.0 has begun!
- Wireless Xbox360 controller support for USB Host 2.0 library
- Bluetooth code for Arduino USB Host
- Arduino USB host – Pre-prototyping.
- Arduino USB host – First programs.