So you have a Netgear WiFi network and want to secure it for better performance.
When you want to use your Netgear modem, securing it is never a difficult task. Things will become much easier for you if you follow the steps precisely.
By securing your modem, you can avoid malware risks as well as some phishing assaults. This article will walk you through each step of changing your Netgear wifi password.
We have done all of the legwork and research for you. We compiled a list of 8 Ways to Change Your Netgear WiFi Password. Save yourself some time and thoroughly read this article to find out.
Method 1: How to change NETGEAR Wi-Fi Password?
Your NETGEAR Wi-Fi Network’s default password is written under your Router. That, on the other hand, is a collection of random alphabets and letters. Although it is a strong password that no one can quickly guess, it becomes difficult to remember that password when connecting to the network on a new device. As a result, you should change the password for your NETGEAR Wi-Fi Network.
Method 2: How to change NETGEAR Wi-Fi Password?
Follow these procedures to change the NETGEAR Wi-Fi Password:
- Launch your web browser.
- Enter http://www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. You can also enter http://192.168.0.1 or http://192.168.1.1.
- A login page will be displayed. In the provided areas, enter the router’s username and password. (Admin is the default username, and password is the default password.) If you have forgotten your login information, discover How to Factory Reset a NETGEAR Router.
- Click the Log In button.
- After you’ve logged in, go to the Wireless area.
- Fill in the Password (Network Key) blanks with your new password.
- Click the Apply button.
- Your password will be changed and all changes will be saved.
Method 3: Change Netgear Password Wifi Using Smart Wizard
If you wish to do it through your browser, you must first install the Smart Wizard on your computer. Check that it is properly configured, and then proceed with the procedures below:
- Open your device’s local browser and navigate to the address bar. Enter https://www.routerlogin.net, which will take you to the admin page.
- After that, you must input the default username and password. The default usernames and passwords are listed on the router.
- Navigate to the Setup menu and then to the Wireless Settings. You will find all of the information here.
- You can renew the name by clicking on the Name (11N SSID) tab.
- To input the new password, go to the Security Encryption tab and then to the Parameters tab.
- Make a note of the password in case you forget it. Click on Apply to change the settings.
Method 4: How Do I Change the Admin Password on my NETGEAR Router?
- Open the browser on the device to which you are connected to the router.
- To access the login page, simply type https://routerlogin.net into the address bar.
- Enter the router’s user name and password, as shown on the router. You can alternatively use the username “admin” and the password “password.”
- After logging in, you must now navigate to the advanced menu. After that, go to Administration and set a password.
- Enter the default password again, followed by the new password. Enter the new password again to confirm it.
- To recover your password in the future, select password recovery. Simply click Apply to save and leave the changes.
Method 5: How To Change Wifi Password Netgear
To update the wifi password on a Netgear router, launch a web browser on a mobile device or computer that is connected to the router.
- Enter the login address to bring up the login window.
- Enter the admin username and password for the router. If you haven’t changed the admin password, the admin user name is Admin and the password is Password.
- When you select Wireless, the Wireless Settings page appears on the screen. Select WPA from the Security Options menu. WPA2 PSK (AES), which is the default configuration, is the most recent standard for maximum security. The Password field is visible.
- Enter your new password or network key here. It is a text string with a length ranging from 8 to 63 characters. Fill in the new password and save it somewhere safe for future use.
- Select the Apply button to save the settings. Our computer experts can provide you with an alternative guide for how to change wifi password netgear.
Method 6: Changing the Password on Older Netgear Routers
On your computer, launch an Internet browser.
Enter one of the following URLs into your Internet browser’s address bar: “http://www.routerlogin.net,” “http://www.routerlogin.com,” “http://192.168.1.1,” or “http://192.168.0.1.” If you have changed the default URL for your router at any point, you must provide the amended URL.
- In the fields provided, enter the current username and password for your router. The default username and password for the Netgear router are “admin” and “password,” respectively. The Netgear router’s SmartWizard application will appear on the screen.
- In the SmartWizard’s left pane, click on “Wireless Settings,” which is placed underneath “Setup.”
- Delete the current password from the “Password” field, which is located below “Security Options.””
- Fill in the “Password” section with a new password of your choice.
- At the bottom of the window, click the “Apply” button, then the “Logout” button.” The password for your Netgear router has now been changed.
Method 7: Restoring a Netgear Router to Factory Settings
- Look for a button labeled “Reset” or “Restore Factory Settings” on the Netgear router.” The button is sometimes not labeled at all and is recessed within the router.
- Use your finger or a thin instrument, such as a straightened paperclip, to press the reset button.
- Continue pressing the reset button until the light next to “Power” or “Test” starts blinking. This procedure could take up to 20 seconds.
- Wait for the router to completely reset.
- Log in to the router with the Netgear default password of “password.”” You can now change your password using one of the other two methods described in this article.
If the preceding procedures do not work the first time, unplug the router, hold down the reset button, and reconnect your router’s power supply while holding down the reset button before continuing with the rest of the steps for this approach.
Method 8: Changing the Password on Netgear Genie Routers
- Start your computer’s Internet browser.
- Enter one of the following URLs into your Internet browser’s address bar: “http://www.routerlogin.net,” “http://www.routerlogin.com,” “http://192.168.1.1,” or “http://192.168.0.1.”
- If you modified the URL for your router from one of the default addresses listed above, you will be prompted to enter the URL you made.
- Fill up the blanks with your router’s current username and password. Your Netgear Genie router’s default username and password are “admin” and “password.” The Netgear Genie router’s user interface will appear on the screen.
- Click on the “Advanced” page, then the “Setup” tab on the left.
- Click on “Wireless Setup.”
- Delete the current password from the area labeled “Password” under the “Security Options” section.
- Enter a new password of your choice, then click the “Apply” button at the top of the Wireless Setup box. The password for your Netgear Genie router has now been changed.
We hope that you have found the solution to all your Netgear Wifi Password Resets for all the different devices.
If you wish to change the WiFi Password Netgear, simply follow the instructions outlined above. Typically, the default passwords and usernames are shared by all devices.
However, if you are unable to log in, look for the label located on the Netgear modem. However, if this still does not work for you, you can contact Netgear’s customer care to learn more about the configuration.