Digital camera control code AKA PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) compatible with USB Host Shield rev.2.0 Arduino library has been released and posted to GitHub. New code has all functionality of original camera control library and adds new elements, namely ability to control several cameras simultaneously and (finally!) support for Nikon DSLRs.
The code comes with numerous examples demonstrating various aspects of digital camera control. All examples were compiled using Arduino IDE rev.0022 with USB Host Shield 2.0 and PTP 2.0 libraries installed as usual (by copying the whole library directory in
%arduino%/libraries) and tested on Arduino UNO equipped with USB Host Shield. There are also several examples which require Quantum Platform state machine framework, they can be recognized by
qp_port.h header included in the text of the sketch. If you want to try one of those, install QP Development Kit for Arduino and then replace
qp_port.cpp with this file.
More detailed explanation of library examples will follow soon. In the mean time, play with the library and try the examples. Stay tuned for the updates!
- USB Host Shield library Version 2.0 released.
- Google Open Accessory Interface for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released
- Andriod ADK-compatible USB Host Library release.
- Communicating to GPS Receiver using USB Host Shield
- Interfacing MIDI devices with Arduino using USB Host Shield
- Controlling Canon Powershot cameras with Arduino
- Using HID device for RC control
- USB Host Mini Hardware Manual
- Android ADK terminal emulator for Arduino
- Interfacing Arduino to USB GPRS modem