Here is another exciting camera control project – an improvement of Yanis controller which I covered some time ago. The author – Ziggy from Crisp Concept used Yanis hardware as-is but developed his own control code for both Arduino and Android. Several additional commands has been implemented, most notably video recording and LiveView zoom control.
The project is hosted on Google Code. The source code of Arduino sketch is posted there and can be used for learning how to use commands not covered in PTP library examples. It should be noted that Ziggy uses modified versions of old PTP and USB Host libraries – you’d need to use them instead of standard ones in order for sketch to compile.
I’m hoping parallel development will be beneficial for Manishi’s and Ziggy’s projects. I’m following both with great interest and will be posting updates here. Stay tuned!
- Android ADK terminal emulator for Arduino
- Controlling Canon Powershot cameras with Arduino
- RC car controlled by Wii Remote on Arduino
- Interfacing Arduino to a Cellular Phone
- Interfacing MIDI devices with Arduino using USB Host Shield
- Using HID device for RC control
- Driving the Cheeky Mail Notifier from Arduino
- Communicating to GPS Receiver using USB Host Shield
- Andriod ADK-compatible USB Host Library release.
- Google Open Accessory Interface for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released