The Top 10 Wi-Fi Boosters for the Home of 2020 Reviewed
Whether you work from home, are an avid gamer, or are just looking to increase your streaming speeds, Wi-Fi boosters can up your download and upload speed and strengthen your connection, no matter where you are in your house. If you struggle with connectivity issues in your home, or are looking to boost your connection to reach new areas of your house, a Wi-Fi booster (also known as an extender) can drastically increase the range on your router, and make it easier than ever to get quality service, no matter where you are.
When it comes to Wi-Fi boosters, it can be easy to get bogged down by the technical terms and feel like you’re in over your head. That’s why we’ve put together a list of the top 10 Wi-Fi boosters for home use, so you can shop with confidence knowing you are getting the best of the best. Each of the extenders in this list has been chosen with home use in mind, so you can get faster downloads and uploads in no time flat, with fewer connectivity issues overall. In a hurry to get a better-than-ever Wi-Fi connection? We’ve pulled together our top choices in the table below, so you can get stronger internet through your whole home in a snap. But keep reading to find out why we’ve picked these boosters for home use, and to make sure you’re choosing the right Wi-Fi booster for your home.
The Best Wi-Fi Boosters for Home
We understand that shopping for Wi-Fi boosters can seem overwhelming, that’s why we’ve pulled together the best Wi-Fi boosters for home use into one place, so you can shop with confidence. Without further ado, let’s move on to the reviews.
The Superboost WiFi Extender offers 2,500 square feet of coverage with one simple device. With speed capabilities of 300 Mbps, this Wi-Fi booster does allow you to have consistent, reliable connection throughout your whole home. This device features a dual antenna system that can be rotated to provide a stronger signal, as well as a set of indicator lights on the front of the box to help you find the optimal location for a stronger connection.
Made to connect up to 15 devices at once, this booster is ideal for large families or shared living situations, where multiple people will be connecting to the same signal. As a bonus, this device offers five unique modes, which allow it to serve as a wireless router, signal repeater, and more. Plus, this device is specifically made to boost your signal through walls, doors, and more, making it ideal for multilevel homes.
Customers noted that this Wi-Fi booster is ideal for home use, especially multilevel homes. Many customers went from little to no connection on their second story to a strong, sustained connection with no dead zones and no signal drops. While some customers did note it took about an hour to set up the booster, in all cases this added effort was well worth it, as this booster helped rocket their connection speeds to new levels, making it an easy top choice for our list.
- ✅ NO MORE DEAD ZONES: Extend your wireless network coverage to up to 2500 square feet for approximately 15 devices, including streaming, online gaming, video conferencing, or with HD video. Universally compatible.
- ✅ 5 DIFFERENT MODES: The Wi-Fi extender functions in 1) Wireless Router Mode; 2) Repeater Mode; 3) Client Mode; 4) Access Point Mode; and 5) Wisp Client Router Mode. Side Reset button helps you easily reset your connection when necessary.
- ✅ FAST, STRONG, STABLE SIGNAL: The high-performance 300 MBPS and 2.4 GHz processor can cover your most demanding devices including notebooks, tablets, IP cameras, speakers, cell phones and IOT devices.
- ✅ FEEL SECURE: With overvoltage protection and WEP/WPA/WPA2 security protection, you know the devices in your home or office have the best protection. Minimal interference between devices and easy to read LED indicator lights.
- ✅ PLUG AND PLAY CONNECTION: Just press the WPS button to connect to your router. Connect your LAN and Ethernet cables by plugging them directly into the extender ports. One button and you’re done!
The TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender is compact, effective, and covers up to 800 square feet per unit. Made to simply plug into a wall outlet and go, this Wi-Fi extender offers a 300 Mbps speed boost, allowing you to have reliable internet throughout your whole home. The dual antenna set up provides more reliable service than many of the other Wi-Fi boosters on the market, allowing this single booster to reach further with a stronger signal. This handy extender can eliminate dead zones throughout your home, and provide a reliable signal to your phone, your laptop, and countless other Wi-Fi-enabled electronics with ease. With easy-to-follow set up instructions and dedicated customer support, it’s no surprise this is one of our top picks for best home Wi-Fi boosters.
With over 41,000 positive customer reviews, saying this is a buyer-friendly product is an understatement. Customers raved about how easy it was to set up, how helpful the customer support team was, and how much stronger their signal was throughout their home. From three-story homes to basement dwellings, people found that the TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender offered them a strong, consistent source or connection with little to no fuss. If you are looking for the best Wi-Fi extender out there, the TP-Link N300 WiFi Extender is a wise investment backed by thousands of customer reviews. However, it is worth noting that with a range of only 800 square feet, you may need more than one for larger homes.
- Extend WiFi Coverage - Boost Internet WiFi Coverage up to 800 Sq.ft - Compatible with any WiFi Router, Gateway, Access Point
- Eliminate WiFi Dead Zones - Enjoy Lag-Free Connection to any type of devices, including wired devices via Ethernet Port
- Stay Connected - Expand WiFi Coverage for your Smart Phones, Smart TV, Fire Stick, Google Chromecast, Web Browsing, Alexa Echo, Ring and more
- Easy Set Up - Two Simple Taps and You are Ready to Connect, Smart indicator light helps to install in best optimal location
- Single Band 2.4GHz - Two external Antennas with MIMO technology for improved range versus standard range extenders
The GALAWAY WiFi Extender allows you to extend coverage to your whole home, from one central location. Made to ignore thick walls and multiple floors, this extender helps bring stronger, reliable Wi-Fi to your whole home. This easy-to-use device plugs into a wall outlet and boasts speeds of 300 Mbps, making it ideal for speeding up your download and upload speeds significantly, especially in areas of the home where Wi-Fi coverage used to be spotty at best. The dual antenna set up allows for more evenly distributed coverage throughout the house, as they can be angled in multiple directions depending on what suits your home’s unique coverage needs. No matter if you’re looking to give your Wi-Fi signal that extra boost, or are hoping to extend coverage to a new addition, the basement, your garage, or anywhere else in your home, this is a great option to give you the added signal strength you’ve been looking for.
Customers noted that this booster worked about the same, if not better than being hardwired into their router. While some had a few minor issues setting up, which were resolved by linking the booster directly into their computer during installation, the added signal strength and performance throughout the home more than made up for a few set up complications.
- ▲ High Wireless Compatibility: Compatible with any wireless network devices that comply with the agreement of 802.11n/b/g, including Desktop, PC, Tablet, Laptop, Smart TV, smartphone, iPhone, iPad, etc
- ▲ Built-in Dual Realtek Chipset (RTL8196EU+8192ER): Which ensure strong signal from the CPU. it is with dual external 5dBi antenna, it can be going through very well and extend WiFi coverage to long distance
- ▲ Safe Network Is Promised: WPA and WPA2 wireless encryption will keep your wireless connection secure, providing you a safety network environment for your data
- ▲ Connect Wired Devices: While boosting your existing WiFi coverage, the Ethernet port can connect any wired device such as a smart TV, multimedia player, game console or PC to your WiFi network
- ▲ Portable Installation: Miniature size and wall-mounted design make it easy to install and move flexibly, ideal for home / travel / office use
If you’re looking for a way to boost your internet speed throughout your entire home, the MSRM WiFi Extender 1200Mbps with WPS Internet Signal Booster offers an incredible increase in upload and download speed, while extending your existing connection throughout your home. Whether you’re looking to accommodate multiple streaming devices, or are hoping to up your overall productivity, this is a great option for you. Offering both 2G and 5G dual band connections, this device allows you to increase your internet speed with no hassle at all. The dual antenna set up is perfect for larger homes, as it allows the signal to reach further than your router ever could. A convenient light on the case of this Wi-Fi booster shows if you are getting as strong or weak signal, so you can easily adjust the location of your repeater to better accommodate all the devices in your home.
Customers noted that while this device did work well for their needs, it did not have as high of a range as they had hoped. They also noted that set up went much easier when using their phone, as opposed to their laptop or computer. However, they were pleased with the increase in Wi-Fi speeds, and noted this extender was exceptional for home use.
- 🔍4 External Antennas to better improve the existing network signal strength., extend wireless signal to hard-to-reach areas with the 802.11 ac technology.
- 🔍1200Mbps High Transmission rate: Dual wireless bands of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz and can deliver data transfer speed up to 1200Mbps, resulting in a strong, reliable Wi-Fi signal throughout your home, reducing lag time or buffering when you're streaming HD movies to a laptop or connecting to the Internet.
- 🔍One-key WPS Encryption, or browser-based configuration, accessible for almost any wireless devices.Maximum WLAN security with WPA2, WPA. Smart LED signal indicator helps you find the best location.
- 🔍Improve wireless coverage in 802.11 a/g/n/a/ac standard networks. Access to the Internet for computers located on the edge or outside of the range of your router.
- 🔍Multi-functions: Router Mode, Repeater Mode, AP Mode, multi-functions Switch enables function easily to meet all your requirements. Compatible with 802.11a/ac/b/g/n.
With the GALAWAY G1208 WiFi Extender, speed is their top priority. With 1,200 Mbps and a four-antenna design made to boost your Wi-Fi further than ever, this extender is ideal for large homes and for those looking to use multiple devices simultaneously with no lag or signal drops. With an intelligent sensor LED light ring on the front of the device, you can easily see if you are placing this booster in the optimal position in your home. And with a three-light signal strength indicator, you can see how well your internet is performing overall, allowing you to customize this device’s location to better serve your home. For added convenience, once this device is connected to the router, it can be moved to any location without needing to resync, making it easier than ever to adjust your Wi-Fi booster to suit your individual needs.
It is worth noting that although this device offers a significantly stronger signal rating than many other Wi-Fi boosters on the market, it does not have as high of a range. While this is not an issue for smaller homes, if you have a larger home you may need a more powerful booster. Still, it offers reliable, fast internet for a great price, and can support many devices at once, allowing you to take full advantage of the 1,200 Mbps speed boost.
- ▲ High Compatibility: This WiFi range extender works with all 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards of router or gateway
- ▲ Stable signal boosts: With dual band technology, this WiFi range extender can automatically choose high quality band for better performance. It offers up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5GHz, totally 1167Mbps is available for your use, maximizing reduces the loss of data transmission
- ▲ Convenient Design: Convenient wall-plug design that works with any WiFi router. And great design with 4 external antennas to ensure a strong and stable WiFi network signal
- ▲ Quick & Easy set up: Intelligent signal indicator LED ring helps you find the best spot to set up for better Wi-Fi, set up via browser website based configuration in almost any device, including iOS and Android mobile platforms
- ▲ Wireless Security: Supports WPA, WPA2 wireless connection. Enable wireless security encryption and prevent unauthorized access, protect your important data
The Anthter 1200Mbps WiFi Repeater offers complete home coverage with one convenient device. Working off of a dual-band signal system, this booster provides both 2.4G and 5G connection options for a combined total of almost 1,200 Mbps. While not as wide-ranged as some of the other options on this list, this boosters offers consistant connection throughout most of your home, and can help elminiate dead zones in seconds flat. This device offers coverage of up to 1,000 square feet, making it better suited for smaller homes or single-floor living situations. It comes equipped with a smart signal location feature, alowing you to find the ideal location for this handy booster in no time.
Reviewers noted that this product was much simpler to set up than many of the other routers on the market, and noted that while it did not provide as large of a range as some options, it was still able to supply consistent connectivity to two-story homes, as well as extend the signal outside of the house for security cameras, sensor lights, and more. If you’re looking for a mid-strength booster for a smaller home, this is a great investment for you.
- WiFi extender With dual band technology,
- WiFi Extender has high-powered amplifiers
- Only takes 10 seconds! Set up via browser website based configu
- The smart Signal Indicator helps you to find the best location for
- WiFi repeater has been tested can compatible .
The Nextbox WiFi Extender with WPS Internet Signal Booster has been specially developed to help extend your Wi-Fi signal to smart home devices, no matter where in your home they may sit. While this device does sit on the slower end of speed capabilities with 300 Mbps, the added range allows for your home to have consistent internet no matter where you connect. This device comes with easy-to-read signal lights on the front to help you track signal strength, and the adjustable dual antennas allow you to optimize this Wi-Fi booster to reach all corners of your home. Not only does this device help keep your smart home devices connected to the internet, it can improve streaming quality and connect to consoles and computers to help keep your ping low while gaming.
Reviewers noted that they used a speed testing app to help place this device in their home, as it does not come equipped with a precise signal testing feature. However, once installed, the Nextbox WiFi Extender with WPS Internet Signal Booster drastically increased their signal strength and helped eliminated dead zones, especially between floors. One reviewer noted that this device was even able to boost their internet up to the third floor of their home, making this an ideal device for anyone with a larger home.
- ✅ ALL NEW – Our new WiFi Extender the Best solution to date extending Wi-Fi to devices like iPhone, iPad, Android devices, Echo/Alexa devices, Smart TV’s, PCs, Samsung devices, PlayStation, Smart Plugs and SO MUCH MORE.
- ✅ UNIVERSAL COMPATIBILITY - WiFi Booster are compatible with any router or access point, making it easy to expand and strengthen your network in 2.4, even as it changes over time.. Boost your existing network range, delivering AC dual band WiFi up to 300 Mbps. This Wifi repeater is small and discreet, easily blending into your home decor.
- ✅ SUPER EASY CONNECTION: WPS Button - Easily expand wireless coverage by pressing or browser-based configuration. This item is able to meet three kinds of needs -- Repeater Mode, AP Mode, and Router Mode. Repeater Mode is for extending WiFi coverage of an existing wireless network. AP Mode is for covering a wired network to a wireless network. Router Mode is for creating an instant private wireless network and enable multiple devices to share it.
- ✅ NO MORE DEAD ZONES - Eliminate dead spots in rooms with weak Wi-Fi coverage with our Wifi range extender. Network extender delivers blazing-fast dual-band Wi-Fi across your home for 4K streaming and gaming in any room. Easy to install and move, the range extender enables you to expand your Wi-Fi and connect any wired device, such as your Xbox, PlayStation, PC or Mac, to powerful Wi-Fi with the available Gigabit Ethernet port for boosted speed and performance.
- ✅ SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Our team of professionals is constantly working to make you happier. We provide technical support for customers 24/7, If you have any questions or issues about your purchase, please feel free to reach us by Email or Phone listed in our Storefront directly to us and we will gladly assist you at any time!! We are confident in the quality of our product and give you FULL customer support. ENJOY QUALITY OF OUR NEW WIFI EXTENDER!
Simple, compact, and easy to use, the Rock Space WiFi Range Extender helps bring coverage to your whole home, whether that means boosting your signal through multiple stories or simply expanding your coverage through one level of your home. Like many of the options on our list, this is a dual antenna booster, giving you added signal quality throughout your home, however the adjustable antennas are limited in their range of motion, somewhat minimizing the level of adjustments you can make.
While this extender offers up to 1,200 Mbps, that does limit the range of this device, meaning it may need to be centrally located to ensure a strong signal. Another potential downside to this device is the limited number of LED indicators on its surface. However, for those who are more technologically experienced, or who are confident in their ability to use a speed tester app to find the optimal booster location, this device is an excellent investment.
Reviewers noted that they still experienced small instances of weak or dropped signals with this booster. However, they praised how easy it was to set up, and noted that around 95% of the time their internet signal was incredibly improved compared to no booster at all. One reviewer did note that the signal light on the front provided a somewhat accurate indicator for device placement, so long as you were patient. Overall, this is a great Wi-Fi booster for the home, so long as you are patient with setup and have a smaller home.
- 【STABLE SIGNAL BOOSTS】- With dual band technology, this WiFi range extender can automatically choose high-quality band for better performance. It offers up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5GHz. Totally 1167Mbps is available for your use, maximizing reduces the loss of data transmission.
- 【FULL SIGNAL COVERAGE】- Equipped with dual external antennas, this WiFi repeater extends WiFi coverage 360 degree by up to 1292 sq.ft. Reliable data transmission rate up to 1167Mbps covering your bedroom, floors, restroom and garden. Gigabit ethernet port also allow this WiFi booster function as a wireless adapter to connect wired devices.
- 【QUICK & EASY SET UP】- Only takes 8 seconds! This WiFi signal booster can easily expand the wireless coverage by press the WPS button. Or set up via browser website based configuration in almost any device, including iOS and Android mobile platforms.
- 【COMPATIBLE WITH 99% ROUTER】- This WiFi repeater has been tested can compatible with 99% router on the market, and works with any standard router or gateway. Support extending to any devices like ios, android devices, samsung devices, echo/alexa devices, PCs, playstation, smart plugs and so much more. Ideal for HD streaming & gaming experience. Bullet Point
- 【EASILY FIND THE PERFECT SETUP SPOT】 - Smart signal indicator helps you to find the best location for wifi coverage. This WiFi range extender can help you get rid of testing instantly and set up quickly. After extending successfully, you can relocate a perfect spot which can maintain a best extending effect.
The YOOSUN WiFi Range Extender offers a range of over 2,000 square feet, as well as 1,200 Mbps. This compact device offers a dual band range extender perfect for streaming, as well as supporting multiple devices at once. It is worth noting that the set up can be a bit more complicated than some other routers, but reviewers noted that following the included instructions made the overall experience that much easier. Able to extend your Wi-Fi through multiple stories, as well as to separate buildings such as garages or home offices, this is a great option for the entrepreneur. While the antennas are not as mobile as some other devices, the four-antenna system can be adjusted to help reach every corner of your home, making it ideal for larger living spaces. Overall, this is a great option for anyone looking to boost their internet without added frills.
It is worth noting that the setup instructions should be followed step-by-step and as closely as possible, as not following the instructions can lead to connectivity issues and frustration. However, customers noted that the instructions were easy enough to follow, and once their devices were connected, they experienced little to no signal issues throughout their entire home. While this does complicate the use of the device enough for it to not make the top of our list, it is well worth the investment and is a great option for anyone looking for a powerful extender for their home.
- 【1200Mbps Stable Signal Boosts And 360° Full Coverage】This 5GHz & 2.4GHz Dual Band WIFI Range Extender works with any standard Wi-Fi router and runs on dual bands at a combined speed of up to 1200Mbps. 360 degree high-speed connection for happy Surfing HD video and online game.
- 【2000FT and 4 x High Gain External Antenna-Strong Penetrability 】The wifi extender equipped with 4 high gain external antenna which can eliminate dead area and improve the reach of your existing Wi-Fi coverage, extend wireless signal to previously unreachable or hard-to-wire areas for your home and office and creates reliable high-speed Wi-Fi without interruption.The distance won’t bother you any more since its wireless extended range is up to 2000FT!
- 【Compatible with 99% router】- this WIFI Range Extender has been tested can compatible with 99% router on the market, and works with any standard router or gateway. Support extending to any devices like iOS, Android devices, Samsung devices, Echo/Alexa devices, PCs, PlayStation, smart plugs and so much more. Ideal for HD streaming & gaming experience.
- 【Multi-mode Application】AP/Repeater/Router mode to meet different demand easily. This wifi range extender works with all 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac standards of router or gateway.Moreover, its WiFi signal can be linked by 15 devices while most extenders by only 5!
- 【Easily find the perfect setup spot】 - smart Signal Indicator helps you to find the best location for Wi-Fi coverage. This Wi-Fi range extender can help you get rid of testing instantly and set up quickly. After extending successfully, you can relocate a perfect spot which can maintain a best extending Effect.
The AC1200Router WiFi Range Extender may be last on our list, but it is certainly far from least. This powerful Wi-Fi booster offers almost 1,200 Mbps of speed thanks to a dual band connection. With easy-to-read LED signals that help you find the optimal signal location in your home, as well as four antennas that can be adjusted to provide a stronger signal, you’ll never find yourself in a dead zone again. This device was developed with all devices in mind, from your PC to your smart home devices, and the increased signal speed allows you to connect with confidence knowing you’ll have fast, reliable service with no dips or drops in signal.
Reviewers applauded how easy it was to connect to this device, noting they had to simply hit the button on the front of the device and it automatically connected to their router. However, customers did note they had higher reliability connecting to the 2.4G signal over the 5G signal, as it was better at penetrating walls, floors, and other barriers. Still, they noted the slower Mbps upload speed offered by the 2.4G band did not impact streaming services, making this a great option for high-bandwidth households looking for that extra signal boost.
- With dual-band technology, this Wi-Fi range extender automatically selects high quality bands for better performance. It provides up to 300Mbps for 2.4GHz and 867Mbps for 5GHz. You can use a total of 1167Mbps bandwidth to minimize the loss of data transmission.
- With 4 antennas, the combination of sliding extraction and folding, the signal is stronger, covering your bedroom, bathroom and garden. The Gigabit Ethernet port also allows this Wi-Fi Booster to act as a wireless adapter to connect to wired devices.
- Easy to install: With a browser configuration that can be accessed from virtually any device (including iOS and Android mobile platforms) via a computer or mobile browser, this Wi-Fi signal booster can easily extend wireless coverage.
- This Wi-Fi repeater has been multi-tested, compatible with routers on the market, and can be used with any standard router or gateway. Supports the best solution for extending to any device, such as security cameras, iOS devices, Android devices, PCs, PlayStations, smart TVs, smart light switches, smart ring doorbells, smart sockets and more. Also, it comes with Alexa help from Google Home
- Smart signal indicators help you find the best location for Wi-Fi coverage. This Wi-Fi range extender helps you get rid of testing and set up quickly. Once successfully expanded, you can help you relocate a location that will maintain optimal scalability in an instant.
Wi-Fi Boosters for the Home Purchasing Guide
It can be overwhelming to try and fir the right Wi-Fi booster for your home. That’s why we’ve put together a quick-and-easy purchasing guide to help you shop with confidence.
It’s best to have a solid understanding of how large of an area you’re hoping to cover before investing in a Wi-Fi booster. The smaller the home, the less powerful of a booster you’ll need. The range of a Wi-Fi booster indicates how far the repeated signal can reach. This range can be impacted by things like walls, floors, and doors. While a device may have a functional range of 2,400 square feet, if you have a multistory home or are looking to bring the signal to your basement, the functional range may be much smaller.
In order to get the best out of your Wi-Fi booster, you’ll want to place it in a central location. Since boosters work by taking the signal from your router and amplifying it, you will get the best results if the booster is close enough to your router to pick up the signal reliably, instead of placing it near where your home has the worst coverage.
Internet speed is measured in megabits per second (Mbps) and represents how many megabits can be sent or received in one second. Wi-Fi boosters can range from 300 Mbps to 1,200 Mbps, though the higher the speed the more likely it is a dual-band system, which produces two connection sources, usually 2G and 5G options. It’s worth noting that the further you are from your router or booster, the slower the speeds, meaning that while a booster may be able to provide high-speed connection near the source of the signal, it may taper off at the outward range.
Wi-Fi Boosters for the Home Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Wi-Fi Booster?
A Wi-Fi booster is a device that amplifies the signal from your router, allowing it to reach throughout your home without losing strength. By repeating the signal location, you can get a consistent connection through walls, doors, and other surfaces, without experiencing dead zones. Since a Wi-Fi booster requires an existing signal to function, you want to place it close enough to the router to pick up a decent signal, but far enough away to extend that signal throughout the home. In most cases, you’ll only need one Wi-Fi booster to extend coverage throughout your home, unless you are dealing with an incredibly large amount of space. Thankfully, most homeowners can benefit from boosters with coverage between 800 and 2,400 square feet without having to invest in another router.
Do I Need a Wi-Fi Booster?
If you experience constant signal issues, including buffering, dead zones, and loss of signal, a Wi-Fi booster may be right for you. Wi-Fi boosters can help your connection extend throughout your whole home, making it ideal for situations where your router isn’t powerful enough to extend coverage to different floors or rooms. It is important to note that if you have an incredibly weak internet signal to begin with, a Wi-Fi booster will only extend that signal further, without increasing it drastically. However, this can make it that much easier to connect to said weak signal, especially in remote areas of your home. Wi-Fi boosters are also useful for people who work remotely, or who host a business out of their home, as it can provide you with a stable internet connection throughout the workday, without worrying about connection problems.
What is a Wireless Access Point?
Looking to boost your technological knowledge? Here’s a short video on wireless access points to help you understand how wireless routers and boosters work.