Top Space Heaters For Large Rooms Reviewed
Sometimes your main heating just isn’t enough.
You need to boost the heat you have, especially in a larger room.
A space heater can be the smart answer when you need more heat, but finding one that works for a large room isn’t always easy.
Many space heaters are designed for smaller spaces, so you need one that’s capable of heating a bigger room.
A good space heater can make all the difference when you have a cold room. If your central heating system isn’t adequate, you need something extra to help you out.
A space heater is ideal for an individual room, helping you to save energy by avoiding having to heat the whole property. You might even keep your main heating off, and use only a space heater if you want to use only one room in your home or heat up your office.
When you’re looking for a space heater for a large room, you need one that’s going to handle the amount of space you need to heat. It’s helpful if you know the square footage of the room before you buy. The heat range is also something that you will want to look at, so you can heat your room to the desired temperature. Safety features are essential for a space heater too. You should look for features like anti-tip design, automatic shut-off and overheat protection. These will help to protect you from any accidents and ensure your use of the space heater is safe.
Here are the items we review individually, in detail below:
Best Space Heater For Large Room
We understand that given all the models on the market finding a good space heater can be tricky. To help you get your big room warm without breaking your budget, here are our picks for the best space heaters for large rooms:
This 1500-watt space heater is powerful and portable. It’s also an excellent choice for anyone who wants to save money, thanks to its Auto Energy Saving Model. This includes a feature for choosing high and low settings so you can set it how you want it. It has dual heating systems that use an infrared quartz tube and PTC, and an electronic thermostat that ranges from 50 to 86 degrees. It’s a portable model, weighing 24 lbs, with caster wheels and 72-inch cord, which makes it easy to move around.
If you’re looking for a space heater that has robust safety features, choose this Dr Heater. It has tip-over protection, preventing it from falling over or getting knocked over. It also features overheat protection, plus a 12-hour automatic shut-off timer. These safety features mean that if you forget to turn off the heater, it will reduce the risk of anything happening. The lifetime filter keeps it going, and means that the filter doesn’t need to be changed.
There’s no need to worry about noise with this space heater. It has a low noise blower that runs at just 39 dB, making it very quiet. Despite the low noise, the blower is still high pressure to give you plenty of heat and making it suitable for a larger room. Using a dual heating system, this heater can deliver 60% more heat than other heaters. It provides even heat and a simple control panel so you can set it to meet your needs.
- Can heat up a large room with Auto Energy Saving Model With High and Low Feature. Tip-over protection and Overheat protection
- Dual Heating Systems featuring infrared quartz tube + PTC with 12hr automatic shut-off timer
- IR Remote Control, High Pressure Low Noise Blower with Noise level 39 dB super quiet. Heating can cover for a large room.
- Electronic Thermostat: range 50 to 86 degrees. Caster Wheels and lifetme filter
- Weights 24 lbs and uses 12.5 Amps of Power. 1500 Watts.Electric Cord 72 inch long
If you don’t want to worry about knocking a space heater over or deal with the inconvenience of it being in the way, you need the Cadet Com-Pak Twin 4000W. This heater recess mounts horizontally into your wall, keeping it completely out of the way. The full kit comes with a wall can, heater, grill and thermostat for hard-wired installation so you have everything that you need. It is also available without the built-in thermostat. In addition to saving space, you get a safe and efficient wall heater.
The heater combines efficiency and low noise levels, spreading warmth without being too loud. The automatic switch-off feature ensures it won’t overheat, and being able to mount it on the wall means you can’t knock it over. It heats up quickly using dual coil elements and can handle heating a room of up to 600 square foot. Weighing just 12 lbs, it’s easy to fit, and it measures only 16.5 x 19.5 x 13.6 inches. Of course, you do need to be willing to spend some time installing this unit, but you can always get someone to do it for you too.
This space heater is one of the best indoor heaters for large rooms if you’re looking for something compact. It won’t take up space on the floor, and there’s no risk of knocking it off. Although you will hear it blowing air, it’s quiet and can handle keeping a fairly large space warm.
- FAST HEATING dual coil elements warms an area up to 600 sq. ft. in a hurry
- EFFICIENT AND QUIET fan spreads the warmth all around
- REST SAFE AND EASY – safety features turn heater off if normal operating temperatures are exceeded
- MAXIMIZE LIVING SPACE with the compact and contemporary design which recess mounts horizontally into the wall
- COMPLETE UNIT includes a wall can, heater, grill, and thermostat for hard-wired installation
This slimline tower heater can help you to save space. It also provides radiant heat, which can help you to prevent the room drying out from forced air. The oil-filled heater is designed to heat whole rooms, with a low surface temperature to ensure it’s safe. It has an easy to use digital display, which allows you to choose from three heat settings of high, low and eco modes, so you can save energy and pick the temperature that you need. There display shows you timer options and temperature options, and the heater comes with a remote control to allow you to choose the right settings.
The portable design of this heater means you can move it about and place it where you need it most. It weighs just over 19 lbs and measures 26 x 15 x 6.5 inches with its tall and slim design, so you can put it in the most convenient location and it won’t take up much space. It also has wheels, making it simple to push or pull it wherever you need to put it.
The low surface temperature of the radiator makes this space heater a safe choice. If you have children or pets, you don’t need to worry about the heater being hot to the touch. Despite the low surface temperature, it still provides excellent radiant heat, so you can rely on it delivering the necessary heat for your room.
- The Hurricane Whole Room Digital Radiant Heater is a whole room oil-filled radiant heater.
- The radiant style heater maximizes the amount of radiant heat. The radiant style heater ensures a low surface temperature.
- Digital display with 3 heat settings (Hi, Lo, Eco Modes), Timer Display, and a portable design.
- 1500 watts of heating power. ETL Listed and 1 Year Warranty
- Easy Assembly Required - Remote Control Included and Requires AAA Batteries (Not Included).
Perhaps you’re looking for the best electric heater for a large room that also looks beautiful. The Lifesmart Large Room Infrared Quartz Fireplace is a modern and stylish space heater, that won’t spoil a room with its ugly design. Many space heaters aren’t exactly designed to look good, but this one will be one that you want to display proudly, rather than hide it under a desk or table.
This space heater offers the image of a natural fire, while also providing efficient infrared heat. It also has a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel, along with its two levels of realistic glow. It can heat up to an impressive 1000 square feet using 5100 BTUs of energy. Measuring 28 x 11 x 20 inches, it’s not too large, but the size is less important when it looks so good. It’s designed to be put on display, so it doesn’t need to be compact enough to hide.
The heater has three heat settings and an eco mode for energy saving. Digital controls make it easy to choose the right setting, and a remote control means you don’t need to get up. An on-off 12-hour timer is also featured. The flame effect even works when the heat is off, so you can enjoy the visual effect of a real fire, whether you want to heat the room or not. It’s an energy efficient choice, and the infrared heat won’t affect the humidity in the room.
- Dimensions: 28”L X 11”W X 20”H
- Heats 1000 sq. feet with 5100 BTU’s
- Features a Quakerstown dark oak cabinet and mantel
- Two levels of realistic fire glow
- Produces natural, quiet, and efficient infrared heat
Here is a video demonstrating the Lifesmart Fireplace:
This tower heater stands up or can be placed on its side for comfortable indoor warmth. It offers four modes so you can choose your preference, with high, low, eco and fan only to choose from. The adjustable thermostat and oscillating function make this ceramic heater a good choice for maintaining a steady temperature in any room. You can use the eco mode to adjust the digital thermostat automatically, which saves energy consumption for the good of the planet and your energy bills. The timer allows you to set the heater to come on when you want, up to 24 hours before you need it, so you never need to walk into a cold room again.
You can benefit from safety features with this space heater. It has an overheat protection function, which means it switches off before it gets too hot, preventing accidents. You can choose your temperature from 40 to 95 degrees and set it in intervals of 5 degrees. The LED display and simple controls make it easy to set the temperature, plus a remote control is included. You get plenty of warmth but the heater doesn’t make much noise. Another bonus is the built-in carry handle, so you can move the heater about easily, and lie it on its side if you want to use it in that way.
- 【COMFY INDOOR WARMTH 】- With 4 modes:High/Low/ECO/Fan only (Up to 1500W) , adjustable thermostat and oscillating function, this ceramic heater maintains a pleasant and sustainable temperature for the entire room, not too hot or cold.
- 【CONSIDERATE HEAT RESERVATION】 - It’s ideal for entering a preheat room and taking off heavy coat in winter. Simply plug in the item and set the timer (Up to 24 hours) before leaving the place is all you need to do.
- 【REDUCE COST】 - The ECO mode adjusts the digital thermostat with heating operation automatically to reduce energy consumption. By using this heater, users can lower heating bills.
- 【SAFE OVERHEAT PROTECTION】 - A reliable overheat protection avoids potential accidents by cutting off the power once detecting risky temperature. We aim at providing effective and safe products for our customers.
- 【WHAT'S INVOLVED】 - Clear instruction, consists of an user manual, children-cared protection design, on-time after-sales service.