The 5 Best Solar Christmas Lights Reviewed
As the holidays come closer, we will slowly start to see more and more Christmas lights. However, as people get more conscious about the environment, we are going to see more solar powered Christmas lights. Below, we take a look at the benefits associated with solar powered Christmas lights, as well as giving you some top picks of the best solar Christmas lights.
Why solar powered Christmas lights?
Solar powered Christmas lights are going to be used in Christmas displays and in homes around the country soon. But before we reveal some of the best options out there, let’s take a look at the different reasons why solar powered lights are the ideal choice.
There are a number of reasons why solar Christmas lights are considered a convenient choice. Firstly, you are never going to have to worry about your Christmas lights going out. There is not going to be any change if there is a power outage and you do not have to fret about a bulb burning out. Also, with solar lights, their batteries recharge automatically throughout the day.
You are not going to have any dangerous extension cords running across your yard with your solar powered Christmas lights. There is less risk of overheating and fire because they run cooler.
When compared with incandescent lights, solar powered Christmas lights last an average of ten times longer. Not only this, but they do not have filaments, which result in incandescent bulbs breaking or burning out easily. Plus, rather than being made from glass, they are made with durable plastic.
Of course, this is one of the main reasons why you should consider solar powered Christmas lights. These lights will not cause any polluting gas emissions, for example, nitrous oxides or carbon dioxide. Also, as they last for a longer length of time, this means fewer light strands are thrown away, only to pile up in landfills.
With solar powered lights, you don’t have to worry about cords or power lights, which is the case when you are installing electric Christmas lights. This means you are now able to decorate the tree you have always wanted to in your yard but have never been able to reach.
As sun rays power these types of lights, you are not going to need an electrical outlet. This means you are going to save an awful lot of money on making your home look festive this season.
Last but not least, another reason why you should consider solar powered Christmas lights is because you could qualify for a tax rebate on your energy bill. For example, in Minnesota, electricity provider, BENCO, has enabled members to receive a $3.00 per strand rebate on their electricity bills when they buy up to ten strings of LED Christmas lights.
Best Solar Christmas Lights
1. GDEALER Solar Outdoor String LightsFirst on the list is the GDEALER Solar Outdoor String Lights. These bright and beautiful lights are perfect if you want to illuminate a big area beautifully. Not only do these lights look amazing but they are durable and waterproof in nature. It is important that lights can withstand weather conditions and climate when outdoors. The total length of the string is 6 meters, with 30 LEDs.
There are a number of other benefits that are associated with these outdoor lights as well. This includes the fact that they are easy and simple to operate. They have two lighting modes as well: Flashing and Steady. Plus, there is a basic switch for turning off and on. Another benefit is the automatic operation feature. These lights will have a working time of eight hours, which means you can be sure they will light your house for an entire night when they have been fully charged. Charging time is roughly 12 hours. There is also an automatic sensor, so you do not have to manually turn the lights on and off. The lights also have a beautiful fairy effect when they are used outside. They illuminate during the evening and they are perfect for yards, gates, lawns, patios, and gardens.
2. Vmanoo Solar Christmas LightsThe second on the list of Christmas solar lights is the Vmanoo Solar Christmas Lights. These lights come in a two-pack, measuring at 72-feet in length. These lights are ideal if you are looking to string up your lights in long strands. They are perfect for lining shrubbery or houses during the Christmas period.
One of the best things about these lights is that there are many different color options to choose from. The blue color is particularly striking and beautiful! Plus, the long strings mean that there are many lights. And, on top of that, there is a long runtime too! You will also find that they hold up year-to-year and you will be able to arrange them differently all of the time, meaning you can have different designs every year. You will never be restricted.
- Auto On/Off & Solar Powered: Solar energy supply, no extra utility electric cost, and no need to replace the battery. Light sensor controls the solar string lights auto on at dark and auto off at daytime.
- Waterproof & Memory Function: The outdoor string lights can withstand all kind of weather(IP65), including heavy rain and snow, perfect for indoor and outdoor decorations. Build in Memory chip save your last modes setting and no need to reset mode every day.
- Easy to Install: Solar panel with ground stake, 72ft long string is perfect for wrapping around a tree or wherever you like to light your gardens, patio, lawn, porch, gate, yard, etc. The wire between the first LED light and the solar panel (lead cable) is around 6 ft long, so you can put the panel in a suitable place.
3. Lalapao 2 Pack Solar String LightsFor a classy and stunning pack of solar Christmas lights, you can’t go wrong with Lalapao solar string lights. These warm, white lights will add a stylish touch to your home during the holidays. If you are looking for something more elegant rather than something that is in-your-face, these lights are ideal. You only need to look at what people have written online to see that these lights are held in very high regard.
With this kit, you are going to receive two 72-feet strings, with each string have 200 LEDs, which are spaced four feet apart. There are also eight different modes with these lights – a mixture of flashings, fades, and blinks. At dusk, these lights will turn on automatically. Plus, as the lights are IP65 waterproof, you do not have to worry about leaving them outside no matter the weather or time of year. They can also be installed with ease thanks to the ground stake.
- High Efficiency Solar Powered - This outdoor string lights can work up to 10 hours or more when fully charged, also will auto on at dark and charge sunlight daytime with 8 modes from steady to various flashing
- Wide Application - IP65 waterproof fairy lights can use in outdoor and indoor perfectly, also provide perfect and soft light for your home garden bedroom
- Easy to Use And Store - 2 Switch Buttons: POWER ON/OFF (auto on at dusk, auto off by day) MODE (8 working modes), also it’s lightweight then can wrap it until the next use
4. Inngree Solar Christmas String LightsThese are ideal if you are searching for solar powered lights that are going to last a long time. The best thing about these lights is that their product life is over 5000 hours. Of course, though, we cannot speak about these lights any further without mentioning the beautiful and traditional snowflake design. This is a perfect design for the Christmas period, adding fun and color to your outdoor space.
There are other benefits associated with this eco-friendly solution too. This includes the fact that they are effortless to use. There are two options available for the user – Flash and No-flash. This is great because it means you do not have to stick to one style of lighting. Plus, these lights are also waterproof. They have been tested to make sure that they can withstand different temperatures and different weather conditions. The waterproof covering, with an added sunscreen, makes them ideal in terms of durability and creating the ideal festive ambiance for celebrations and parties.
- Green-life style, the light works by using solar power, no more any other energy needed. the lights will light up automatically at dusk and may automatically turn off at daytime. you can put on trees of backyard, garden hedge ,windows ,fence or gazebo, along a path etc, create the romantic festival atmosphere in each festival or any parties.
- Waterproof High Performance. Solar panel and LED lamps tested as IP65 to prevent the lamps with waterproof & sunscreen.
- Inngree Solar String lights have upgraded the LED chip and battery, so that Inngree products Brighter than other brands. Built-in storage battery: Ni-Mh battery, 1.2V,1800mAh ;Solar panel: 2V ,300mA. Solar Panel be fully charged >8 hours in 1st time on a sunny day , the light will work for 8~12 hours at night
5. Mpow Solar String LightsLast but not least, if you want a transformative look for your yard and patio, then you need the Mpow Solar String Light. This gives off a very warm look, with 100 illuminating LEDs. This will make sure that every night is a beautiful starry night with these lights. There are eight different modes to select from, including fireflies, twinkle, slowly, chasing, fading, and combination, so you can easily switch up the lights depending on the situation.
These lights are made from an ultra-thin copper wire, which is 33 feet long and very flexible. It can, therefore, be bent into any shape of your choosing. They are also very easy to store when they are not in use. They can be used indoors as well as outdoors. Plus, then they are fully charged, they can last up to ten hours. These lights are IP64 waterproof. Plus, they also have an auto switch, which can turn the lights off and on without you needing to do anything manually. All in all, you won’t be disappointed if you decide to go ahead with these string lights for your festive look.
No products found.
How To Hang Solar Christmas Lights
For the most part, installing solar-powered Christmas lights is the same as setting up regular lights. The only difference is you need to find a sunny spot to set up the solar panel. If you are struggling to figure out how to do this, this video should help:
Hi, I am Charles your local Home Tech and Gadget Expert. I’ve been fascinated with electricity for as long as I can remember. I grew up in an old home in a rural setting, so the quality and continuity of our electrical service were spotty at best.
Spending time without power (or running off a generator) gave me a lot of appreciation for the benefits of electricity. I love writing and talking about it.