Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Top Portable Ice Makers Reviewed
A portable ice maker gives you access to year-round ice and fast preparation times. When you have a countertop ice maker to hand, you don’t have to worry about taking up freezer space with store-bought bags of ice. Similarly, you don’t have to wait for days for ice to freeze at home either!
In fact, a portable ice maker ensures consistent access to ice whenever you need it. Fast-freeze features ensure you never have to wait long for another batch to be produced, so you can enjoy ice-cold drinks whenever you choose.
With so many options on the market, it can be tricky to find the best model to suit your needs. Should you opt for a compact countertop machine to save on space or an ice maker with maximum space for ice storage? Do you want an ice maker that can produce varying ice shapes or are you happy with standard cubes?
Whether you’re looking for a countertop ice maker for day-to-day use or you want a portable ice machine to cater for upcoming parties and celebrations, our countertop ice maker reviews make it easy to find the right model.
We go over each of the ice machines in detail below, but for those in a hurry here are the models that made the cut:
Best Portable Ice Maker
If you are looking for an ice maker you can take with you, there are a lot of options for you to choose from. But not all of them perform to the same standards. To save you some time, we looked at the latest available models and considered their features, price, and also feedback from people who owned them. Based upon that, here are our picks for the best portable ice makers:
Capable of producing ice in just 9 minutes, the Vremi Countertop Ice Maker will ensure you never have to put up with a warm drink again! If you need ice quickly, this ice maker can produce 9 bullet-shaped cubes in as many minutes. Of course, when you’re preparing for a large event or you want to have a steady flow of ice, you’ll want to make more than 9 cubes.
Fortunately, the Vremi Countertop Ice Maker won’t let you down. It’s capable of making 26 pounds of ice in a 24-hour period, so you’ll always have ice on tap. Furthermore, the cubes it produces are just 8 grams in weight and the perfect size for drinks and even water bottles. While the cubes are somewhat smaller than you might find in store-bought packs, many users find this to be an advantage. When you want to add ice to bottled drinks, for example, the cubes produced by this countertop machine are the ideal size.
When it comes to portability, this model is definitely a strong contender. Measuring just 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, it’s small enough to transport easily and won’t take up too much storage space either. If you plan on using it at home, it won’t take up much space on your countertop but it’s small enough to take with you on your travels too.
If you want to use a portable ice maker on camping trips or at BBQs, for example, it’s definitely worth considering the Vremi ice maker. As it doesn’t need a water hook-up to work, you can simply fill it with water and connect it to the power to ensure you have access to ice cubes throughout your trip.
When you first use the Vremie countertop model, you won’t have to worry about complex installations or prep. You’ll need to leave it standing for around 24-hours before you can use it so that the coolant can settle, but after that – you’re ready to go. Its handy warning lights and automatic shut-off features prevent overflowing and give you peace of mind, while the ice basket and scoop make it easy to transfer ice cubes to your drinks and water bottles.
As well as being highly functional and portable, the Vremi Countertop Ice Maker looks good too. In a stainless-steel finish, it complements kitchens, bar areas, and RVs, so you really can take it anywhere!
- DESIGNED TO MAKE PERFECT ICE, FAST - Our ice maker works quickly, making 9 chewable, delicious, bullet-shaped ice-cubes in one cycle, in just 8 to 10 minutes—and up to 26 lbs of ice in 24 hrs. Each ice cube weighs 8 grams making it perfect for mixed drinks or small water bottle openings
- COMPACT, PORTABLE ICE MACHINE - Good things come in small packages. Measuring at 9.5 x 12 x 13.5 inches, this ice maker can go anywhere. Since it doesn’t need a water hookup, it’s an ideal choice for barbeques, outdoor parties, or basement bars. And, since it’s flexible, light and easy to store, you can bring it nearly anywhere
- INTELLIGENT FEATURES - You do enough thinking; let us help out. Our ice maker prevents overflowing with warning lights and an automatic shut-off feature for when the ice basket is full or if water needs to be refilled. It doesn’t need any complex installation either; just set it upright and leave it for 24 hours to settle its coolant before use
- QUIET and ENERGY EFFICIENT - Electric ice maker is made to be chill; it runs at a mellow and efficient 120 watts with a quiet cooling function. Its 2.2-liter water reservoir sits below the ice basket, letting your ice maker reuse water from melted ice to make new ice— giving you best-in-class ease-of-use and energy efficient
- COMES WITH BASKET and ICE SCOOP - ETL and FDA certified ice-maker comes with a 1.5 lb removable ice bucket and a plastic scoop so you have everything you need for your ice adventures. And with its modern stainless steel finish, it fits perfectly on any bar, kitchen counter, or tabletop. Be sure to use your ice shortly after making or store it in a freezer for later use!
Available in a range of colors, the NewAir Portable Ice Maker will enhance any environment. Choose from Cyan, Red, White, Black, Stainless Steel, Silver or Orange and you’ll enjoy a stylish addition to your kitchen, den or bar.
This NewAir model produces 9 pieces of ice per cycle, with a daily capability of 28 pounds and its fast-freezing cycle means you can produce ice in just 6-8 minutes. What’s more – you can choose what size ice cubes you’d like too. With three options – small, medium or large – you can customize your selection and choose the perfect size for drinks, water bottles, and even food storage containers.
With no installation required, you simply need to leave the NewAir Portable Ice Maker for 15 minutes before you can start using it. If you’re looking for an ice maker which you can put to use straight away, this certainly fits the bill.
At just 14.5 x 11.75 x 15 in, this countertop ice maker won’t take up too much space in your kitchen and will look great sitting on a bar too. Of course, if you want to take your ice maker with you when you’re traveling or hosting parties, it’s easy to move around and small enough to set up almost anywhere.
The NewAir Portable Ice Maker is easy to operate, so you’ll have no problems getting started. It features an LED display, so it’s easy to keep track of where you are in the ice-making cycle, and the side-mounted drain ensures it’s straightforward to empty excess water after use.
Push button controls combined with indicator lights mean you can easily set the ice maker and simply wait for the alert to tell you when it’s ready. Once you’ve plugged the unit in and added water, you’re ready to go. With no need for a water hook-up, you simply need an electrical outlet and a supply of filtered bottle or tap water to begin making ice.
- Convenient, compact design is ideal for use in small kitchens & other compact spaces like RVs, boats & more
- Produces 28 pounds of ice a day - never run to the store for a bag of ice again. Ice Making Capacity Per Cycle: 9 pieces
- Offers an easy-to-use LED control panel that allows you to choose from three ice size settings
- Portable ice maker requires no installation - just plug in unit, add water & wait up to 15 minutes to enjoy fresh ice
- Flawless design boasts a excellent reputation, offering consistent & dependable ice production that has been continually perfected
If you’re looking for a compact portable ice maker, hOmeLabs might be just what you’re looking for. Its dimensions are just 9. 5 x 12. 9 x 14″, which means it’s one of the smallest models available. If space is an issue, this model from hOmeLabs may be the best portable ice maker for you. However, don’t let its small size put you off! When it comes to functionality, the hOmeLabs Portable Ice Maker has a lot to offer.
Each cycle produces ice cubes in just 8 minutes, so you’ll never have to wait long for your next batch to be ready. With the ability to make 26 pounds of ice in 24-hours, it’s ideal for larger gatherings and parties too. This hOmeLabs model offers two different sizes of ice cubes, so you can choose which one is right for you. The smaller size setting is ideal for short drinks or water bottles, while the larger size cubes work well with long drinks and for ice packing.
With 1.5 pounds of ice storage, this portable ice maker is surprisingly efficient for its size. Designed to be energy efficient, it features a compressor that minimizes energy usage and operates quietly too. While it has a 2.2-liter water reservoir, it also uses water from unused melting ice to make new cubes too. This reduces the need to refill the reservoir and ensures you have access to perfect ice cubes, whenever you need them.
Easy to operate and including an automatic shut off feature, as well as a warning light, you’ll find it straightforward to set up. Simply fill the reservoir with water, plug the unit into an outlet and away you go. Like all portable ice makers, the manufacturers do recommend that you leave the unit standing for a specific amount of time before using it, as this helps to ensure the coolant is settled within the unit.
Delivered with an ice scoop and basket, the hOmeLabs Portable Maker provides everything you need to make ice whenever you need it – just add water!
- PORTABLE ICE POWER - This powerful ice maker creates delicious, chewable, bullet shaped ice up to 1. 5 lbs. at a time and up to 26 lbs. of ice per day with its 2. 2-liter water reservoir. Measures just 9.5 x 12.9 x 14 inches - an ideal choice for ice anytime, anywhere
- ICE CUBES DONE QUICK - Features small or medium size options for bullet shape ice, ready in just 6 to 8 minutes. The small ice cube bullets are smooth and cylinder-shaped to easily fit in water bottle openings, and the medium size is perfect for mixed drinks and more
- ENERGY EFFICIENT ICE MAKER - Equipped with a compressor that requires low energy to cool, this ice machine is a tiny yet mighty addition to your bar or countertop (NOTE: Use ice shortly after making or store ice batches in freezer if not using right away)
- SMART DESIGN WITH BASKET AND SCOOP - Water reservoir sits below ice basket, reusing water from melted ice to make even more ice! Warning lights and auto shut off are activated when ice basket is full or when water needs to be refilled
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY & MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - 100% satisfaction money-back guarantee. If you're not happy with your ETL Certified hOmeLabs electric ice maker, simply reach out to us through Buyer messaging and we'll do everything we can to make things right!
Producing 9 pieces of ice in just 6-minutes, the IKICH model may be the best countertop ice maker if you’re looking for speed and efficiency. When you need ice in a hurry, you can rely on the IKICH Portable Ice Maker Machine to deliver.
Despite it’s super-fast freezing time, the IKICH portable ice maker is still capable of making a decent amount of ice over a 24-hour period. In fact, you can expect it to produce 26 pounds of ice in this timeframe, so it’s perfect for long, lazy BBQs, road trips, camping trips, and parties.
Measuring 8.7 x 12.3 x 12.6 and weighing 17.25 pounds, the IKICH is about as portable as they come. As well as fitting neatly on most countertops, it’s also easy to move to various locations, depending on your requirements.
Upon first use, you’ll need to leave the ice maker standing for at least four hours. After this, however, you can simply fill up the 2-liter water reservoir, plug the unit in and get ready to enjoy cool, ice-packed drinks or icy smoothies.
The IKICH receives overwhelmingly positive countertop ice maker reviews, so you can rest assured that the majority of buyers are impressed. The translucent viewing window is particularly popular, as it allows you to watch the ice as its being made. Of course, it’s ‘ice full’ sensor and ‘water needed’ sensor will let you know as soon as your ice is ready, or your unit requires more water.
Although the IKICH Portable Ice Maker Machine features a powerful compressor, it’s also fairly quiet. Running at less than 45dB, many buyers have been impressed with just how quiet the unit is when it’s in operation.
A handy ice bucket and ice scoop make it easy to transport cubes once they’re ready, so you can add them straight to your drinks, pop them in the freezer or transfer them to an ice bucket. However you plan on using it, the IKICH Portable Ice Maker Machine won’t let you down.
- 【MAKE YOU GET ICE QUICKLY IN 6 MINUTES】IKICH quick ice maker machine works fast, just 6 minutes to get 9pcs of chewable, delicious, bullet-shaped ice-cubes per cycle and up to 26 lbs./12 kg of ice in 24 hrs. with its 2-liter/68 oz. water reservoir. As the machine needs time to preheat like freezer, the effect of first or second time will be slightly less effective, it will be normal after a few more uses. 【Note: For normal use, please must let machine stand upright for 4 hours before first use. 】
- 【QUIET & ENERGY EFFICIENT ICE MACHINE】IKICH countertop ice maker machine achieves low noise level, fast cooling effect and low consumption with powerful compressor, high quality copper aluminum fin condenser and 21g R600a refrigerant. It runs at less than 45dB which means your entertainment will not be disturbed. Measures just 8. 7 x 12. 3 x 12. 6 inches. Small enough to fit on most countertop and easy to store when not in use. Say “Goodbye" to noisy and bulky ice machines
- 【INTELLIGENT ICE MAKER WITH SMART INDICTOR 】With simple control panel, just add water, plug it in, press the power button, select the ice size and forget it. The indicator lights up when the ice is full or you need more water. No plumbing required, easy to fill and clean. With a outlet and drain plug at the bottom, easy to empty the unused water. Don't need any complex installation
- 【LARGE OR SMALL ICE SELECTABLE WITH BASKET & ICE SCOOP】2 ice sizes optional. Popular bullet-shaped ice, not easy to melt and stick together, great for cooling drinks or small water bottle openings, food and for first aid. Large translucent window for easy observation. BONUS-removable ice basket and ice scoop, convenient for you to transfer ice cubes to your drink or ice bucket. This ice maker can go anywhere which doesn’t need a water hookup
- 【2-YEAR FOR IKICH ICE MAKER】IKICH offers 2-year and 45-day return policy for this safe and portable ice maker machine. Made of food-grade material, just for your health and safety, no odor. Durable ABS shell, smooth and easy to clean. It takes up less space at home or in the office, barbeques, outdoor parties, or basement bars. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact with us. Our technical advice and customer service are provided throughout life
When you use the Euhomy Countertop Ice Maker, you can expect a fresh batch of ice every 8-minutes. Capable of making 26 pounds of ice in 24-hours, you’ll always have a steady supply of ice. What’s more, this model by Euhomy is small enough to complement any environment. From your kitchen worktop or bar to your RV, boat or campsite, this countertop ice maker will be the perfect addition.
At just 12.6 x 9.6 x 12.6 inches, this model isn’t the smallest on the market but it’s still portable enough to meet your needs. Weighing 17.2 pounds, you won’t have much trouble moving the Euhomy ice maker around either. With a bright LED display, it’s easy to see exactly what you need to do – which isn’t much!
Once you’ve filled the reservoir and plugged the unit into the power, you’ll simply need to choose which size ice cubes you’d like and let the machine do the rest. It features two warning lights, so you can easily see when your ice is ready or when water needs to be added to the machine.
While some users find that there isn’t much difference between the small and large ice cube settings, this doesn’t appear to be a particular drawback. Indeed, this countertop ice maker impresses the majority of users with its fast-freeze functionality and crystal-clear ice cube production.
A quiet compressor ensures that the Euhomy countertop model isn’t loud when it’s in use. If you plan on using it regularly or producing the full 26 pounds of ice over 24-hours, you’ll be pleased to know you won’t be subject to constant noise while the machine is switched on.
If you want to watch the maker at work or check your ice levels, the handy transparent window makes it easy to do so. Buyers receive an ice scoop and basked with their ice maker, so you’ll find it easy to transport the ice to glasses or holders, although the unit does hold a generous amount of ice too.
Available in silver, the Euhomy Portable Ice Maker is a great option if you want to make ice at home or anywhere where you can access a power outlet. You won’t need any permanent installations or water hook-ups, so it really is as portable as you need it to be.
- Stylish and Modern Design: The users are able to see through the transparent window for process monitoring and ice level checking. The modern design also use light indicator which will inform you to add more water when the water levels in the reservoir run low. Or when the ice bucket is full, you’ll be alerted to remove all the cubes for the next ice making cycle.
- Little Noise: Our ice maker is equipped with the most advanced refrigeration technology, including a quiet compressor which takes care of the cooling so that you can enjoy a fresh batch of ice without bearing too much noise.
- Save Time and Large Productivity: The production quality and performance of this product are very impressive. Each day, it can generate about 26 pounds of ice as well as take you an average of 8 minute for every single ice making cycle.
- Free Ice Scoop and Basket: Besides a straightforward control panel, it also includes a removable basket and an extra ice scoop with 1 years limited warranty – all to bring you the best possible drinking experience.
Of course, if a portable ice cube maker is outside your budget, you can always rely on old fashioned ice cube trays to create the ice you want. They aren’t fancy, but they do get the job done. Here is a YouTube video comparing some of the different models available: