The Top 5 Multimeters Reviewed
If you are looking for a multimeter, there are many different factors that need to be taken into account. After all, all you need to do is a quick search on the Internet and you will see that there are so many different options to select from. This can make it a bit overwhelming, as you don’t know what sort of product is going to be right for you and your requirements. That is why we put this guide together. Below, we will provide you with some information on what a multimeter is and why you need a good one. Aside from this, we will also explain more about five of the best multimeters on the market today. We hope that this information will help you to find the best digital multimeter for you.
Why would you want a multimeter?
Before we take a look at the different multimeters that are available today, it is important to establish why you would want a product like this. If you take a look at a multimeter, you will see that it is covered in a lot of different buttons and symbols. This can be intimidating, but there is no need to worry. There are only three basic functions that you will find yourself using most of the time – measuring resistance, continuity, and voltage in electrical circuits and components.
If you consider yourself a DIYer, no matter whether you are a pro or you simply do a few odd jobs here and there, a multimeter is something you will definitely want to purchase. It is also simply an essential for an electrician. This is because there are a number of different tasks that you can carry out with this handy product. This includes testing batteries. If you are stuck with a drawer full of old batteries that are ready to be disposed of, you can use a multimeter to see if any are still alive and kicking or they are ready to be thrown away. Aside from this, a multimeter can be very effective when it comes to locating a bad switch. If you think that a certain switch is bad, a multimeter will be able to confirm the condition of it. Other things that you can do with a multimeter including spotting a hot wire, sorting through old light bulbs, and checking extension cords.
So, let’s look at the best multimeters on the market that you can and certainly should consider.
There are so many different features that come with this product. Accurate and fast readings are promised thanks to the low input impedance and AutoVolt modes. You can also expect better measurement visibility in areas that are not well-lit thanks to the large white LED backlight. This product is also CAT III 600 V safety rated, as well as offering hands-free operation and one-handed operation, depending on your requirements. It also comes with a holster with probe holders so that it can be stored with ease. If you are looking for a tool that is going to be beneficial for demanding and complex applications, from schools to hospitals, then this is definitely one that won’t let you down.
- VoltAlert technology for non-contact voltage detection
- AutoVolt automatic AC/DC voltage selection. DC millivolts - Range : 600.0 mV, Resolution : 0.1 mV
- Low input impedance: helps prevent false readings due to ghost voltage
- Large white LED backlight to work in poorly lit areas
- True RMS for accurate measurements on non-linear loads.Operating temperature:-10°C to +50°C.Battery life:400 hours typical, without backlight
You will also find that the multimeter is good enough to be used in commercial settings. It has been designed with the demands of a long working day in mind, ensuring you benefit from all of the functionality that you need. From the wide range of heavy-duty capabilities to the durable exterior; you will have nothing to worry about with this multimeter. The professional features of this multimeter are also important to note, for example, the true RMS for measuring both voltage and AC current, as well as the Auto-Ranging capability. The AstroAI multimeter is also very easy to use thanks to a number of different convenient features. This includes the kickstand, hanging magnet, auto shut-off, large LCD backlit screen, and data hold.
- WIDE RANGE of tests for Voltage, Current, Resistance, Continuity, Capacitance, Frequency; Tests Diodes Transistors, Temperature.
- PROFESSIONAL LEVEL features include Auto-Ranging capability, and True RMS for measuring both AC Current and Voltage
- EASE OF USE: Convenient features like Data Hold, Large LCD Backlit Screen, Auto Shut-off and Hanging Magnet, and Kickstand make taking and recording measurements easier than ever before
- IDEAL FOR COMMERCIAL settings where it can handle the demands of a long workday, from the durable exterior to the wide range of heavy-duty capabilities
- Built-in F400mA/600V and F10A/600V explosion-proof ceramic fuse tubes; Double Protection, more secure and reliable; The fuses can protect the multimeter effectively; Overload protection on all ranges. 3 Year Warranty provided by AstroAI. Note: Please take off the cap before using the test leads.
In addition to the points that have already been mentioned, you can expect a single-setting resistance function for voltage (AC & DC). This multimeter also has a large digital display. It can be used for a number of different applications. It is useful around the home for electronic hobbies, general purpose batteries, wiring, fuses, and outlets. It is also safe for automotive use too. Automotive uses included electrical components, vehicle battery and charging systems, wiring, breakers, and automotive circuits.
- UL certified product designed to safely and accurately troubleshoot a variety of automotive and household electrical problems
- Auto-ranging scales eliminate the need to dial in the correct range when making electronic measurements
- Features large digital display and color coded LED's for battery quick check
- Single-setting resistance function for AC and DC voltage
- Protective rubber corner guards for drop protection
It has a safety rating of CAT III. It is perfect for high voltage multimeter applications due to the ease of use. It features a number of innovative digital multimeter measures too, for example, expedites go/no-go checks. You can also easily see fuses and wires in the dark thanks to the built-in flashlight. Plus, you have a third hand when you need it thanks to the probe holder and the rubber tilt stand.
- Measures voltage up to 600V AC/DC, AC/DC current and resistance, frequency, capacitance, duty cycle, battery test
- Full-featured with non-contact voltage detection, audible continuity and diode test
- Large backlit LCD display with data hold and relative zero mode
- Durable, rubber overmolded enclosure
- Safety Rated: CAT III 600V
You can expect a number of extra and useful special features with this multimeter. This includes an auto-ranging and continuity buzzer, as well as accurate measurements of resistance, voltage, current, and a number of different elements. If you take a look at the multimeter reviews that have been left online for this product, you will see that it has been positively received on the whole, which should put your mind at ease.
- 【Neoteck 2000 Counts 8233D PRO Pocket Digital Multimeter】 2000μF Capacitance and 200KHz Frequency Measurement, Accurately Measures Current, Voltage, Resistance, and More, Maximum Reading over Time, Auto-ranging and Continuity Buzzer
- 【Large Backlit LCD Display】 Auto Polarity Display, Easy to Read Large Backlit LCD Display, Back-light Makes a Real Difference in Low Light Areas
- 【CE Rated Digital Mulimeter with Over Load Protection】 Designed to Safely and Accurately Troubleshoot a Variety of Automotive and Household Electrical
- 【Nice Protective Orange Shell with Stand Built】 The Case with Our Multimeter is Some Kind of Non Slip, Slightly Soft Plastic that Will Help with Drop Protection, The Stand Places the Device at a 45 Degree Angle and Makes the Screen Easy to See Hands Free
- 【Included 9V Volt Battery】The Compartment Lid at the Back is Secured by One Cross Head Screw, Not Difficult to Remove at All; Also, Included 2 x Test leads and 2 x Banana Plug to Alligator Clip Cable
Choosing A Multimeter
Here is an excellent video that talks about what to look for when selecting a multimeter:
As you can see, there is a lot that needs to be considered when looking for a multimeter. However, there is no denying that there are some really good multimeters on the market for you to select from today. We hope that the multimeter reviews above have helped you to make your decision on the right multimeter for you. No matter whether you are looking for a high-end or budget multimeter, there is something for everyone on the Internet today, and so you should have no trouble finding exactly what you are looking for.