The 5 Best Garage Lights Reviewed
The right lighting can increase security, enhance functionality and turn your garage into a much more versatile space. Giving you the option to use your garage however you choose, adding lighting to an outhouse or external building ensures you can use it year-round.
With wired and non-wired solutions, there are lighting options to suit all types of garages. However, there are many different options available so it’s important to find the right lights for your property. If convenience is important, you may want to choose motion-sensor lights or a lighting system with wireless connectivity, for example.
Alternatively, more economical options can provide adequate lighting with standard controls and functionality. Whichever option you choose, adding lighting to your garage can enhance your property and increase your usage.
Best Garage Lighting
1. Bbounder 4 Pack Linkable LED Utility Shop Light
The LED lights from Bbounder are cheap to run and easy to install, which makes them perfect for use in your garage. Available in black or white, these emit light at 5000 Kelvin. This ensures you’ll have bright lights in your garage, with 5000 Kelvin falling in the daylight range of lighting options. Leaning more towards a cool white than a warm, soft white, they’re ideal if you plan to use your garage as a workshop.
In addition to this, Bbounder LED Utility shop lights are easy to set up and can be turned on within seconds. With a 57 in plug-in cord, you won’t need a wired connection to get these lights working. Instead, you can simply install them wherever you choose, plug them in and switch them on. Whilst your garage will need to have a functioning electrical connection and plug socket in order to use them, they don’t need to be wired in like many other lighting options.
Bbounder also ensure you have a range of installation options when you purchase their utility shop lights. They can be mounted on the ceiling or wall and even suspended from the ceiling. They’re shipped with mounting screws, ceiling hooks and plastic anchors, as well as suspension chains, so you won’t need to buy any extras go with them.
As well as emitting bright lights when used in isolation, these Bbounder LED lights are linkable, so it’s easy to connect them together for extensive lighting options. Estimated to work for around 50,000 hours or 20 years, you won’t need to worry about replacing bulbs or working under flickering lights when you choose these for garage lighting.
Available at around $55 for a pack of four 4ft lights, these provide sufficient lighting for even the largest of garages. As each light features two LED tubes, they’re a budget-friendly choice, easy to install and a great option for lighting up your garage.
- Top-Rated Economy LED Utility Shop Light
- Specifications: Length 4 FT / 48 IN, No Cover, Beam Angle 240°, Kelvin 5000, Wattage 40, CRI 80+, Lumens 4000, Voltage 120, Linkable 4.
- Linkable: Seamlessly connect up to 4 LED shop lights together with connectors for energy savings in your home, office or any workspace.
2. BringLED 80W shop lights
Offering 8000 lumens, these BringLED lights are described as super bright for a reason! If you want your garage to be well-lit or you’re planning on working complex projects, these lights should be perfect for your needs.
As well as offering a cool, bright light, they’re adjustable and can be angled to determine what amount of space they cover. With a unique design, the BringLED shop lights feature three panels which can be adjusted by hand. This makes it easy to alter the lighting in the garage as and when you need to, without having to go to any effort at all.
In addition, the BringLED is very easy to install. You simply screw the unit into an E26 base holder. Whilst your garage may already have one of these installed, one can be added if needed. Of course, this does mean you’ll need to have a power supply going into your garage in order to use the BringLED 80W shop lights.
Although the lighting heads are created from aluminum, BringLED has introduced an independent radiator design to try and minimize damage caused by overheating. BringLED doesn’t specify how many hours of usage their shop lights offer but you can expect them to last for years without the need for replacements.
Whilst high-powered lighting used to be somewhat costly, the use of LED garage lighting significantly reducing running costs. Running these lights won’t use lots of electricity like garage heaters do. In fact, BringLED suggests that using their shop lights can save up to 85% on electricity costs when compared to non-LED options of equal brightness.
Available at around $49.99, the BringLED shop lights are an ideal option if you’re looking for exceptionally bright lights in your garage. Providing you have an existing E26 base holder in place, they can be up and running in seconds.
- 👉【Full Aluminum Lamp Body】Aluminum helps extra heat and keep the garage light cool, give the ability to keep the light on, without proper cooling, the led garage light will fall soon and have bigger decay. Aliuminum has more cooling capabilities while plastic has none. For keeping Best brightness and Decay lever, we use full panel with Aluminum for best Cooling.
- 👉【Super Bright 216LED 200W Equivalent】 We cannot describe how brighter it is before you lighting it. This led garage lights features LED tecnology with 3*72 PCS top quality LEDs which can support toal 8000 lumens,CAI80+/Daylight/No dark areas/No ghosting or glare. This garage light is more energy efficient and brighter than traditional light bulbs.
- 👉【Up to 90°Adjustable angle】The three leaf of garage light are adjustable, which can be folded up to 90 degrees for covering a wide area. You can adjust the positions of panels according to your need so as to achieve a directional lighting.
3. Barrina LED T5
These Barrina T5 lights can be installed using hardwire or a power cord, so they’re a great option if you don’t have an existing light fitting in your garage. Providing you can access a power source, you can simply plug them in and be ready to go.
Sold in packs of six, each light is a single fixture measuring 4 ft. However, up to eight Barrina T5 lights can be connected to one another using seamless connectors or 20” connection cords. If you have a large garage or you need a lot of lighting, this could be an easy and economical option for you.
When it comes to installing the Barrina LED T5 lights, you shouldn’t run into any problems. In fact, the majority of users find them very easy to setup. Each light requires two clips to affix them to the wall or ceiling. Simply screw these in and then clip the light securely into place. With a simple cord on/off switch, installation is quick, simple and effective.
With an output of 2200 lumens and 6500 Kelvin, these are super bright lights and give you a comfortable space to work in. Hovering between daylight and cool white on the lighting scale, they’ll certainly be bright enough to use in a workshop environment.
Retailing at around $43.70 for a pack of six single fixture lights, the Barrina T5s are a great option for any garage owner. As well as being budget-friendly, they’re easy to install, super bright and cheap to run.
- SUPER BRIGHT - More than 2200 lumens output, 20w low power consumption, Save 65% on your electricity bill (EACH LIGHT)
- LINKABLE - Extendable design, could connect up to 8 tube lights together with seamless connectors or 20‘’ connector cords
- EASY INSTALLATION - Plug-and-play. Just use the included snap joints to hang it up and insert the plug to light it on
4. Qimedo 60W Shop Lights
The Qimedo 60W Shop Lights deliver 6000 lumens, so you’re definitely going to get a well-lit garage if you opt for this unit. Known as a deformable light, this Qimedo unit features three adjustable LED panel heads. Offering added versatility, you can adjust these heads by hand and determine exactly how far you want your lighting to extend to.
Featuring a standard base, you simply need to screw the Qimedo unit into an E26 base plate in order to install it. If you already have a light fitting installed in your garage, installing Qimedo shop lights is as easy as screwing in a new lightbulb. However, if you don’t currently have an E26 fitting in your garage and you don’t want to go to the trouble of installing one, the Qimedo shop lights won’t be the right choice for you.
Qimedo estimates that their shop light unit offers around 50,000 hours of constant use and also reduces your running costs. With many users finding that their electric bills are greatly reduced by switching to LED lights, you can benefit from extra bright lighting and lower costs when you use Qimedo shop lights for garage lighting.
The 60W, 6000 lumens model emits light at around 3000 Kelvin, which is a relatively warm, white light. However, there are motion-sensor units and 80W units available which emit light at 6000 Kelvin, if you prefer a cooler lighting option.
You can pick up the Qimedo shop light unit for around $39.99, which is a great price when you consider how long they’re designed to last. For garage owners who already have an E26 fitting in place, Qimedo shop lights are a fantastic lighting option.
- 【Super Bright Garage Light】Featured high quality 3*48 pcs led chip, it produces 6000 lumens, 6000K tripleglow daylight. With 3 ultra bright adjustable aluminum heads, the led light throws out amazing amount of light. 100% brighter than any light bulb you tried, feels like daytime in your normally dark garage.
- 【Adjustable Led Garage Light】With wide-angle deformable garage lights wing design, the light can be adjusted 90 degree multi-position. Easy to open the wings and they stay in place well. The ability to position the direction of the light make a perfect garage lighting distribution curve as you like.
- 【Easy to install】The garage light fixture is super easy to install and fits fine in any open E26 socket. All you need is a ladder and your hand, just screw it in and turn it on and enjoy the brightness. Easy to aim the lights to suit your needs and the space. We believe that you doesn't want to install hardwired lights any more.
5. AntLux Linkable 4FT LED Shop Lights
With a built-in power cord, the AntLux shop lights don’t require hardwires and are easy to use. Whilst each power cord is 4 ft long, their lights are linkable and can be connected to one another for extra lighting. Available as a single light or in packs of six or twelve, you can choose exactly how much lighting you need for your garage.
Although each light only requires 40W of power, it emits light at 4800 lumens and 5000 Kelvin. This gives you a decent amount of brightness and crisp, cool white garage lighting. Each single fixture contains two LED strips, whilst a pull chain makes it easy to turn your garage lighting on and off.
The AntLux Linkable 4FT LED Shop Lights come with the option to mount them flush to the ceiling or wall or suspend them from the ceiling. Hardware is included, and installation only requires four screws to be used for each light. With user-friendly power cord connectivity, the AntiLux shop lights are relatively easy to install and can be used in any garage which has a power source.
Although the AntLux Linkable 4FT LED Shop Lights offer great garage lighting, they’re a little pricier than some other options. Whilst you’ll pay around $26.99 for an AntLux single light, they do offer minimal running costs and don’t require any type of bulb replacement.
- ✔ ENERGY SAVING - Replace less-efficient linkable led shop lights with a 4800 lumens output at 40 watt 4ft LED shop lights. Energy Savings of up to 70% electric bill instantly. Provides 50,000 hours of maintenance-free operation.
- ✔ LINKABLE - These 4ft led garage lights could connect up to more than 6 lights together
- ✔ FAST INSTALLATION - Plug-in design with on/off pull chain and mounting hardware included for an easy and fast installation. Two LED strips inside this integrated light fixture. NO BALLAST TO EVER REPLACE!
Installing LED Lights In The Garage
Most people have old light fixtures that are either CFL or incandescent. Upgrading to LED lighting will save energy while making your workspace brighter. Here is a great YouTube video that demonstrates how to upgrade old fixtures to new LED strip lights: