The Top Electronic Door Locks Reviewed
An electronic door lock offers increased security and peace of mind. Designed for use in both residential and commercial settings, electronic locks can take your security to the next level.
With various options available, you can integrate an electronic door lock into your existing security system or use them in isolation. Many electronic door locks offer wireless connectivity and Bluetooth compatibility, so they’re a great way to enhance your property and create a truly smart environment.
When you use electronic door locks, you can tailor your security system to your exact requirements. As well as key codes and digital inputs, you can even opt for electronic door locks that feature fingerprint scans and facial recognition.
Whether you want to connect your smartphone to your door lock, create an all-round security system or benefit from secure key-less entry, electronic door locks could be the perfect choice.
We go over each of the locks in our buyers guide in detail below, but for those in a hurry here are the units in our review:
Best Electronic Door Lock
More and more manufacturers are producing electronic door lock models, so finding the right one can require a lot of searching and comparing. To help save you some time, we came up with our picks for the best electronic door locks:
Operating as a 5-in-1 keyless entry system, the Ultraloq UL3 BT offers almost everything you could ask for in an electronic locking system. As well as the ability to enter a code to unlock your door, this model features a fingerprint sensor, app, manual key, and dedicated smartphone options.
If you’re using a smartphone with an iOS system, you can simply knock on the phone four times to gain entry. Alternatively, Android users merely need to shake their phones nearby to unlock the door.
Designed to be waterproof and weatherproof, the Ultraloq UL3 BT can be used on exterior doors, as well as interiors. Available in aged bronze and satin nickel, it’s sure to enhance any door and surrounding décor. Furthermore, this model is relatively easy to install and doesn’t require any wiring or drilling. Compatible with standard doors and offering an optional deadbolt cover for outside use, the Ultraloq even features a reversible handle for right or left-handed doors.
From no-peep code inputs and a backlit keypad to a dustproof, weatherproof fingerprint sensor and a usage log, this Ultraloq model offers a stunning array of features.
Although users are typically impressed with Ultraloq’s electronic door lock, there is one issue that could be improved. While the model is Bluetooth compatible, you will need to purchase Ultraloq’s Bridge Wi-Fi Adapter if you want to enhance the features available to you.
While the models works well without it, Wi-Fi compatible enables you to open the door remotely, which is advantageous for many users. You’ll pay over one hundred and fifty dollars for the Ultraloq UL3 BT, so it isn’t the cheapest electronic door on the market. However, the range of features, battery life, and functionality do mean that it’s one of the best electronic locks available.
- World's First 5-in-1 Keyless Entry Smart Lock, Fingerprint + Code + Smartphone + Knock to Open + Key
- Advanced Fingerprint Identification, Anti-peep Touch Keypad Technology, View Logs via Ultraloq App; Temperature: Inside lock body: 14°F (-10°C) to 131°F (55°C)
- Reversible Handle, Weatherproof, Intuitive OLED Display, Long Battery Life, Low Battery Alarm
- 18 Months Electronic and Lifetime Mechanical Warranty, DIY Installation, Auto-relock/Passage/Lockout
- Single Latch (Optional Deadbolt Cover Plate Required for Replacing Existing Deadbolt).Projection:0.6 inches
If you want the option of using a mechanical key or a code to gain entry to your door, the Schlage Be365 Camelot might offer everything you need. While it doesn’t feature a fingerprint scanner or smartphone connectivity, the Camelot model does work well as an electronic door lock.
Available in a variety of finishes, you can match the Camelot door lock to almost any trim, door color or external decor, and it will work equally well inside too. With the ability to create up to 19 unique codes, you can share access with close family and trusted friends.
Measuring just 4.25 x 3.25 x 5.5 in, the Camelot model is smaller than many other door locks out there, so it’s ideal if you want something discreet. However, matching handle sets are available if you want to use complementary fittings.
Schlage guarantee that this model will with all standard doors, and they offer options for extra thick doors too. This versatility will come in handy if you have a range of different doors in your property or you want to use the Camelot in buildings of non-standard construction.
A back-lit keyboard and low battery indicator mean it’s easy to enter your code and maintain this lock. While the Camelot arrives with two codes already pre-programmed, you’ll want to create your own custom codes straight away. However, you’ll need to have a 9-volt D battery handy, as the unit doesn’t ship with one.
Although the Schlage Be365 Camelot electronic door lock doesn’t come with an array of features, it is a reliable and functional model. With no wiring needed, you can install the lock relatively easily and program in your new codes within minutes.
- Create and delete access codes for trusted friends and family (up to 19)
- Installs in minutes no wiring needed;Door thickness range: 1 5/8 inches to 2 inches thick (41mm 51mm) standard,Thick door kit available
- Guaranteed to fit on standard doors. Backset of universal latches and deadbolts fits 2 to 0.375 inch or 2 to0.75 inch backsets
- Silicone coated keypad prevents numbers from wearing off
- Pairs with our most popular trim styles to coordinate the look throughout your home
With an ANSI Grade 3 rating, the Tacklife Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock should give users complete peace of mind. As well as offering key or code entry, this unit features an auto-lock setting. With the option to set your door to lock within 10-99 seconds of closing, you’ll never need to worry that you’ve left your property unsecured again.
This Tacklife model allows you to select six customizable codes for use with the door lock. Although this isn’t as many as some of the other units on the market, you can choose how many digits you want to use in each code. Select your codes from four digits up to ten and increase security accordingly.
A particular benefit associated with the Tacklife Electronic Deadbolt Door Lock is the ability to set one-time codes, as well as reusable entry codes. If you want to allow service personnel, delivery drivers or tradespeople access to your property, for example, you can issue them with a one-time use code. This ensures easy access for people who need it but means you won’t have to reprogram your permanent codes every time you need to give access information to someone outside your close circle of friends and family.
Available in satin nickel with a backlit keypad, this model doesn’t offer as much choice as other manufacturers, but it does have a great finish. It can be installed easily, with no need to add wiring or cables of any sort. Designed to fit any door and compatible with an adjustable latch, the Tacklife electronic door lock is a good option to enhance your security. With ANSI Grade 3 Certification and a budget-friendly retail price of around seventy dollars, you’ll find it hard to beat.
- HIGH SECURITY - ANSI Grade 3 Certified, Keyless entry motorized driven deadbolt, with 6 customizable user codes that can setting 4-10 digit codes & One-time codes that can be used just once, perfect for visitors and service personnel - plus a master code option, more secure and convenient to your family
- HUMANITY DESIGN - Customizable automatic door locking after 10-99 seconds for peace of mind. 1-touch locking & auto-back-lit keypad for increased visibility; Innovative keypad deadbolt lock feature allows you to lock & leave without a key
- SAFTETY PERFORMANCE - Comes with low battery indicator, needs replace battery when the light flashing with sound; press the wrong code 5 times continuously, the system will lock 45 seconds and the alarm will sound for increased security
- EASY TO INSTALL - Single cylinder electronic deadbolt operates by keypad or key outside, easy install with just a screwdriver, fits door thickness of 1-3/8 in. to 2 in. (35mm-51mm); Ideal for front doors, side & back doors, garage entry doors, etc
- WHAT YOU GET - 1 x Cylinder, 1 x Deadbolt Keypad Assembly, 1 x Deadbolt Latch, 1 x Strike Plate, 1 x Mounting Plate, 1 x Receiver Assembly, 1 x Battery Cover, 1 x Drive-in Sleeve(Optional), 2 x keys, 2 x Chassis Screws, 3 x Machine Screws, 5 x Wood Screws
Giving you the convenience of keyless entry, the Powerbolt 2 is a nifty little device. Available with SmartKey technology, you can re-key your lock in seconds. This ensures you can use existing keys with the Powerbolt 2 and minimize the need for multiple keys for one property.
In addition, you can set program up to six different user codes into the Powerbolt 2, including one-time use codes. With an optional auto lock feature also available, you can set your door to lock behind you. Giving extra peace of mind, auto locking is a great way to keep your building secure at all times.
The polished brass, satin nickel, and Venetian bronze finishes ensure the Powerbolt 2 will complement your existing exterior décor and door fittings but you can order the unit with a matching handle set if you choose to.
As well as being ANSI/BHMA Grade 3 certified, the Powerbolt 2 includes a latch with adjustable backseat. Compatible with all standard doors, you can fit your new electronic door lock easily when you choose this Kwikset model. No wiring is needed; in fact, you can install the Powerbolt 2 using only a screwdriver.
This model works with just four AA batteries, so they’re easy to pick up. However, they aren’t included with the unit, so you’ll need to have some to hand if you want to get your new electronic door lock set up straight away. However, the lack of a low battery indicator is a drawback.
While it doesn’t offer the same number of features as some other electronic door locks, this is reflected in the price. Available for a little over fifty dollars, the Kiwkset Powerbolt 2 is a highly economical and secure option.
- Designer style and superior security with this Kwikset Signature Series product; Smart Key Security re key technology is compatible with Kwikset (KW1) keyway
- Customized automatic door locking after 30 seconds for peace of mind and keypad stays lit for 5 seconds after inactivity
- Featuring Smart Key Security, which protects against advanced break in techniques and allows you to re key your lock yourself in seconds
- ANSI/BHMA grade 3 certified
- Includes latch with adjustable backset 2 to 3/8 inches to 2 to 3/4 inches to fit all standard door preparations
With a doorknob style design, the MiLocks TKK-02SN offers a unique and sophisticated finish. Finished in satin nickel, there’s no option to select an alternative color or finish but the standard nickel model will be a visually-pleasing additional to any door.
When it comes to functionality, the TKK-02SN operates well as a key or code electronic door lock. While it doesn’t feature a backlit keypad, the buttons are designed to glow in the dark, which should offer increased visibility.
You’ll be able to add six customizable key codes, as well as using a mechanical key if you choose to. In addition, the MiLocks TKK-02SN incorporates an auto-lock feature to help keep your property secure.
Although this MiLocks model may be a good choice for interior doors, it isn’t appropriate for use on exterior doors. With no deadbolt compatibility, it isn’t suitable for all-round security but can offer effective internal security.
In general, the MiLocks TKK-02SN receives favorable feedback from users but some have had issues with lifespan and long-term functionality. While the budget-friendly price of under fifty dollars may be attractive, you could opt for increased quality without spending too much more.
- Interior door keyless entry: add up to 6 keypad users for storage doors, closet doors, bedroom doors and more
- Adjustable: Fits left and right handed doors. Bluetooth: not compatible
- Easy programming: simple keypad programming procedure adds or deletes users in seconds
- Direct replacement: no extra work on standard door prep
- Glow in the dark keypad: better visibility in the dark; Min. Door Thickness: 1 1/4 inches, Max Door Thickness: 1 7/8 inches