Top 5 Best Electric Mop Reviews and Buying Guide 2020
There’s always some “electric” version of older tools that helps to get things done faster and more easily. For brooms and sweeping, we got the vacuum cleaner. For mops and buckets, we’ve now got the electric mop.
What is an electric mop? Why do you need to buy one?
An Electric Mop is a far more effective cleaning mop than traditional mops. Because of the variety of motions and advanced features like steam, they clean up messes better. It is time-saving and requires less hard work so you no longer have to strain your back scrubbing the floor.
There are many reasons you should invest in an electric mop including:
- More Effective
- Less Work Required
Does mopping really work?
Yes, mopping really work. Before you start to mop, you must do some preparation. It is important to remove all furniture such as tables, chairs, and throw rugs. You want to make sure that you can reach every spot on the floor.
How does an electric mop work?
The electric mop works by swiveling around the floor with an electric motor remove the dirt and other stubborn messes on the floor so you will no have to work so hard. It is a great time saver and saves you a lot of energy and hard work.
There are hundreds of electric mops on the market. So to help you pick one out, we’ve put together a list of the five best electric mops that are available for sale. We will help you make the decision in the buying guide What is the best floor mop to buy?
Best Electric Mops
You really can’t get much better than a thin and easy-to-use electric mop that is light and doesn’t take up much space. The easier it is to move around, the more likely you’re going to be using it and the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop illustrates this beautifully. With 180 degrees of rotation which helps to get the mop head into tight spaces, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop works wonders for general uses and its features also help to make it a solid purchase.
For starters, it has multiple settings and functions that include not just mopping, but also quick spraying and even waxing. This makes it a fantastic multi-functional electric mop that allows you to use it for a number of things. We like the waxing feature in particular as it helps to give floors a shiny polished look after mopping them, and the spray function gives it the ability to tackle some seriously tough stains. With all of this work it does, the pads on the bottom will eventually get dirty, but they’re easy to remove and wash separately.
We also can’t fault the overall power of the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop. With a high-powered dual-spin motor, it cleans incredibly well for an electric mop and puts the manual mop to shame. It even works on all kinds of surfaces and the cordless design of it makes it extremely versatile.
Regardless of how dirty your floors get or how many stains you need to clean on a regular basis, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop is built for family situations but could even be used for light commercial use, such as cleaning up a bakery floor or a small office. If you’re looking for a versatile and easy-to-use electric mop, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop ticks all the right boxes. It is definitely recommended with long-lasting cleaning effect for every floor way better than traditional mops.
- EASY TO USE - The Coaster’s ultra thin 3 inch base and cordless design makes this mop easy to use and allows you to store it without sacrificing much-needed space. The handle’s 180 degree rotation provides painless access to every space in your home. The long lasting battery gives you the ability to clean without interruption. The Coaster charges fast, a 2-hour charge gives you enough battery life to clean your floors multiple times.
- MULTIPLE SETTING & FUNCTIONS - With options for waxing, mopping, and quick spraying, the Coaster gives you the capability to use the mop in all circumstances, allowing for you to tailor the mop to eradicate even the toughest of stains.
- POWERFUL CLEAN - Our high-powered dual spin motors clean at an incredibly fast rate to remove grime, dirt, stains, and bacteria from your floor. The Coaster works on all surfaces including marble, wood, tile, or laminate floors.
A quick customer review regarding the Gladwell Coastal Electric Cordless Mop
The Electric Cordless Mop arrived packaged very nicely. I love the fact that cardboard has been used within the product package instead of the awful styrofoam that sticks to everything. The battery charge lasts a long time. I was amazed to have cleaned 2 floors with it still had some control after that. You can put in almost any cleaning solution that you want – that I used vinegar and Fundamental H and it did a fantastic job.
The only reason why I gave it 4 stars for maneuverability is that sometimes it has a mind of its own and stinks which sometimes contributes to running into areas I do not want it to go, like cabinet bases. So you have to use just a bit of hands to keep it on track sometimes. I like using it and it beats wet towels and kneeling on the floor. I have not used it on hard stains with a scrubber pad yet, but it did a fantastic job of removing tracked in surface grime. Mainly I use it in the hallway and kitchen, and upstairs at the pet area.
Gladwell Coastal Electric Cordless Mop Video – One Year Later.
The hot steam it produces will kill up to 99.9% of all harmful germs and bacteria and it’s completely natural, meaning you don’t need to use toxic products that could harm your pets or even your children.
The design is fairly simple; it has a scrubber that can clean tough and stubborn stains and it has a cord which means it will need to be powered by a mains outlet somewhere. This is one of the downsides since it can’t really be used with the same versatility or flexibility as some other electric mops, but it does mean that it has more power. This steam mops power translates into a more efficient electric mop that uses steam very effectively for cleaning purposes. Like many other electric mops, the pads can also be changed or even replaced and washed if needed.
This video demonstrates some of the features of the PowerFresh:
One thing you do need to watch out for is what surface you’re using it on. Keep in mind that different flooring types will have different properties that may or may not be affected by hot steam. Some floor mop will warp under the heat while others might be fine. This is one of the disadvantages of using the BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop over a more traditional electric mop, but it usually makes up for it thanks to the powerful natural cleaning ability of steam. Overall, it’s a fairly good steam mop that acts similarly to other electric mops, but the corded design does make it a little tricky to use.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99.9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
A Customer Review for BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
I followed the instructions of other disgruntled reviewers. Mixing the reservoir with distilled water – not filled with too high of water level and DEFINITELY no chemicals. I picked the smallest steam setting after the prepared light is ready after a brief warm-up. Before setting out in my steam adventure, I vacuumed the floor so that it is spot-free.
Our property is a mixture of laminate flooring and tile. In addition, we reside at a fragrance-free house, and so I ditched the odor discs. We do not require fake scents. I chose the lowest setting for our laminate floor because I did not want the floor to be too wet. I did a careful pattern, a stroke at a time, to ensure I went over the laminate wood twice. The upstroke laid down the steam and then the downstroke ensured the sturdy mop head did its job.
Our floors were not in horrible shape but there were dirt, smudges, and streaking leftover from the family holidays. Additionally having two dogs that seem to like to bring in the house anything they find out affects the condition of the floors. I discovered immediately that the floors looked clean although they were a little moist. The mop glides nicely over the flooring and that I have to say it was kinda entertaining. Play a little music while cleaning the floor is nice.
One of the great things about the COSTWAY Electric Spin Mop is how low it sits. This means that you can use this electric mop works underneath chairs and other tight spaces without much trouble. Thanks to the wireless design and the large cleaning pads, you can cover a lot of ground and clean large spaces with relative ease. It works for around 30-40 minutes thanks to the large 2000mAh battery, and it charges in less than 2 hours. This means you will need to charge it in between uses when covering very large areas, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as you keep it topped up.
So to conclude; the COSTWAY Electric Spin Mop is a lightweight, cordless and efficient design that can clean all kinds of floors. It’s an electric mop that doesn’t have fancy features, but it is still a well-designed product that is solid, versatile, swivel steering, and efficient in almost every circumstance you put it in. We couldn’t have asked for more from an electric mop and it’s definitely recommended.
- 🏆【All-in-one Multifunctional Design】You don't need to waste money anymore by buying different tools for keeping your floor surface clean. This all-in-one electric mop features wet wiping, dry wiping, waxing and decontaminating. With a 440ml water tank, the spray nozzle can spread the water evenly on the ground surface. In addition, equipped with a two-spin head, the dust is being contained in the middle of the mop.
- 🏆【Mighty Cleaning Capacity】Supported by the powerful spin system, this spray mop rotates inwardly with spins up to 250r/min, removing the stubborn stains easily and quickly. Designed with the latest LED lights and 2.5" thin head, the mop is suitable for different housing structures. With the light brightening the path around each corner, it ensures no corner is left unclean. Moreover, it can continually work for 30-40min, after only 1.5-2 hours of fast charging.
- 🏆【Easy Operation Even for Kids and Elders】There are only two buttons to use. One is pressed to spray the water and the other one to turn it on/off. You don't have to kneel or bend down to spray water anymore. It's easy to use even for kids and elderly people, as well as for people suffering from backache. One-hand control and two buttons interface make this household item extremely operational, making it a perfect gift for people in your life.
A Customer Review for COSTWAY Cordless Electric Spin Mop
Firstly, very fast, minimal, assembly, and fairly quick charging. Only used for the first time. After I have just hand mopped the floors and this mop picked up even more. It will kind of self propel unless you get too much water and bog down the cleaning pads, but with my wood laminate floors, I do not want to use too much water or cleaner anyways. Took about 15 minutes to perform what used to take me 40-50 minutes.
So far I absolutely LOVE it and wished I’d discovered this years ago. Like I said it is still brand new but I’m hoping it will still love it in 6 weeks. I’m purchasing a second one for my mom who has back pain and trouble pushing a mop around and won’t let anyone help her! Would definitely recommend this item.
Update: Well I have had this mop for over 6 months and…I still love it. No problems with it and now have to mop less often because it does such a great job!
For a steam mop, the Shark Genius is relatively basic and doesn’t come with any stand-out features that could differentiate it from other electric mops or steam mops. However, that’s not necessarily a bad thing as it does it really well. The cleaning head is short enough that you can get it under some relatively small gaps and since it’s corded, you’ll have no trouble cleaning with a powerful and consistent jet of steam shooting out. It will absolutely help you clean your hard floors and you’ll notice a massive difference before and after.
One of the advantages of the Shark Genius is that it’s relatively light. Even out of the box, the Shark Genius is simple to set up and doesn’t require much knowledge or reading of the manual to get it working. This makes it a simple and effective solution for your electric mop needs and it’s hard to fault it. So to conclude, the Shark Genius steam mop might not be the most versatile electric mop, but it’s certainly functional and will help to keep your hard floor clean.
I have tile floors and rarely cleaned them (aside from vacuuming) because it was SUCH a hassle. Swiffer mops got expensive, needed at least 5 just for the living room, and left a weird residue. Mop and bucket just ended up mopping with dirty water so that required at bucket and mop head change halfway through. Have a Bissel hard floor cleaner machine from nearly 10 years ago (still works!) but it is loud (best cleaning times are when my Tiny Toddler Tornado is asleep), cumbersome, doesn’t clean or dry the floor very well, and leaves a film of residue. This Shark GeniusHard Floor Cleaning System did the job and it got it done.
- Water tank capacity: 220 milliliter 3 setting intelligent steam control
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
Wireless, lightweight, and surprisingly powerful, the Homitt Electric Spin Mop is full of surprises at this very reasonable price range. At just 2.84lbs, this electric mop is extremely light and can be operated with just a single hand despite the powerful scrubbing and cleaning ability it as. It works on a variety of surfaces such as tile and wood, and its powerful motor makes cleaning even the most stubborn stains a breeze. With just 4 hours of charging, it can operate for almost an entire hour.
The Homitt Electric Spin Mop is also very flexible. It can be extended up to 46.5 inches or shortened down to just 40.1 inches thanks to the extendable rod, and the mop handle itself can be rotated 90 degrees to make cleaning certain areas much easier. It also has simple controls which makes it easy to operate with a single hand, and you don’t need to learn much to get it working to scrub your floors clean. We also have to praise the Homitt Electric Spin Mop for its almost-noiseless operation. You can still hear it quite distinctly, but compared to other electric mops with powerful motors, you’ll barely be able to hear it. It also has a spray function which can be used for disinfectant and other solutions to help with your cleaning.
With such an easy-to-use electric mop, it’s hard to recommend anything else. Its cordless and lightweight design makes it flexible, its impressive cleaning power is hard to beat and it’s a very ergonomic design thanks to the long handle. If you’re looking to upgrade from your traditional mop and bucket to an electric mop, then the Homitt Electric Spin Mop is a good choice at a reasonable price. It also comes with a 1-year warranty and even a money-back guarantee which sweetens the deal even more. Can easily be purchase at amazon com.
- WIRELESS & LIGHTWEIGHT: As the newest power cleaning tool, our wireless electric spin mop is unrestricted by distance. Super lightweight to only 2. 84lbs, just mop around the house with single hand or take the floor mop up and down stairs freely for cleaning. Floor scrubber for tile and wood. To protect the battery, do not flush the mop directly into the water.
- POWER SPIN FOR EFFICIENT CLEANING: Supported by 2 upgraded LG batteries, the power spray mop spins up to 120r/min-150r/min, removing stubborn stains easily and quickly, providing more thorough cleaning for living room, kitchen, bedroom and more. Moreover, the floor scrubber can continually work for 40-50min after only 3. 5-4 hours fast charging.
- MOIST MOPPING: As designed with a 300ml water tank at the bottom for spray function, no more additional cleaning tools needed. Mopping while spraying way makes cleaning more efficient and helps to protect floor as well. You can add moderate detergent or essential oil with the included measuring cup according to personal preference. Perfect for cleaning Laminate floor, Hardwood floor, Marble floor and Tile.
What is the best electric mop?
The best electric mop is from our favorites list at circuitsathome.com best picks. These are not a 10 best electric mops list like some other blogs but a shortlist of 5 from quality electric mop for us.
- Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop
- BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop
- COSTWAY Electric Spin Mop
- Shark Genius
- Homitt Electric Spin Mop
Hi, I am Charles your local Home Tech and Gadget Expert. I’ve been fascinated with electricity for as long as I can remember. I grew up in an old home in a rural setting, so the quality and continuity of our electrical service were spotty at best.
Spending time without power (or running off a generator) gave me a lot of appreciation for the benefits of electricity. I love writing and talking about it.