The Top 5 Electric Mops Reviewed
There’s always some “electric” version of older tools that helps to get things done faster and more easily. For brooms and sweeping, we got the vacuum cleaner. For mops and buckets, we’ve now got the electric mop.
There are many reasons you should invest in an electric mop including:
- More Effective – Electric mops are by far more effective at cleaning than traditional mops. Because of the variety of motions and advanced features like steam, they clean up messes better.
- Time Saving – Floors can be cleaned up in a fraction of the time with electric mops.
- Less Work Required – Because the E-Mops do the hard work for you, you no longer have to strain your back scrubbing the floor.
There are hundreds of electric mops on the market. So to help you pick one out, we’ve put together a list of the five best electric mops that are available for sale.
Best Electric Mops
For starters, it has multiple settings and functions that include not just mopping, but also quick spraying and even waxing. This makes it a fantastic multi-functional electric mop that allows you to use it for a number of things. We like the waxing feature in particular as it helps to give floors a shiny polished look after mopping them, and the spray function gives it the ability to tackle some seriously tough stains. With all of this work it does, the pads on the bottom will eventually get dirty, but they’re easy to remove and wash separately.
We also can’t fault the overall power of the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop. With a high-powered dual-spin motor, it cleans incredibly well for an electric mop and puts the manual mop to shame. It even works on all kinds of surfaces and the cordless design of it makes it extremely versatile. Regardless of how dirty your floors get or how many stains you need to clean on a regular basis, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop is built for family situations but could even be used for light commercial use, such as cleaning up a bakery floor or a small office. If you’re looking for a versatile and easy-to-use electric mop, the Gladwell Cordless Electric Mop ticks all the right boxes and is definitely recommended.
- EASY TO USE - The Coaster’s ultra thin 3 inch base and cordless design makes this mop easy to use and allows you to store it without sacrificing much-needed space. The handle’s 180 degree rotation provides painless access to every space in your home. The long lasting battery gives you the ability to clean without interruption. The Coaster charges fast, a 2-hour charge gives you enough battery life to clean your floors multiple times.
- MULTIPLE SETTING & FUNCTIONS - With options for waxing, mopping, and quick spraying, the Coaster gives you the capability to use the mop in all circumstances, allowing for you to tailor the mop to eradicate even the toughest of stains.
- POWERFUL CLEAN - Our high-powered dual spin motors clean at an incredibly fast rate to remove grime, dirt, stains, and bacteria from your floor. The Coaster works on all surfaces including marble, wood, tile, or laminate floors.
- NEW & IMPROVED DUAL SPRAY TECHNOLOGY - Our dual spray option gives you the capability to use the mop in all circumstances, allowing for you to tailor the mop to eradicate even the toughest of stains.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - We stand behind our product so the Coaster comes with a full 1-year unlimited warranty to ensure that there is no risk to you.
The design is fairly simple; it has a scrubber that can clean tough and stubborn stains and it has a cord which means it will need to be powered by a mains outlet somewhere. This is one of the downsides since it can’t really be used with the same versatility or flexibility as some other electric mops, but it does mean that it has more power. This power translates into a more efficient electric mop that uses steam very effectively for cleaning purposes. Like many other electric mops, the pads can also be changed or even replaced and washed if needed.
This video demonstrates some of the features of the PowerFresh:
One thing you do need to watch out for is what surface you’re using it on. Keep in mind that different flooring types will have different properties that may or may not be affected by hot steam. Some floors will warp under the heat while others might be fine. This is one of the disadvantages of using the BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop over a more traditional electric mop, but it usually makes up for it thanks to the powerful natural cleaning ability of steam. Overall, it’s a fairly good steam mop that acts similarly to other electric mops, but the corded design does make it a little tricky to use.
- Clean and sanitize sealed hard floors without the use of harsh chemicals; Eliminates 99; 9 percent of germs and bacteria with the natural power of steam
- Power through tough, sticky messes with the flip down easy scrubber
- Choose from high, medium, or low steam based on your cleaning needs with the smart set digital steam control
- Features swivel steering and a 23 foot power cord. Ready to use in 30 seconds
- Includes: (1) microfiber soft pad, (1) microfiber scrubby pad, (2) spring breeze fragrance discs, and a carpet glider. Power rating: 1500 watts
One of the great things about the COSTWAY Electric Spin Mop is how low it sits. This means that you can use this electric mop underneath chairs and other tight spaces without much trouble. Thanks to the wireless design and the large cleaning pads, you can cover a lot of ground and clean large spaces with relative ease. It works for around 30-40 minutes thanks to the large 2000mAh battery, and it charges in less than 2 hours. This means you will need to charge it in between uses when covering very large areas, but that shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as you keep it topped up.
So to conclude; the COSTWAY Electric Spin Mop is a lightweight, cordless and efficient design that can clean all kinds of floors. It’s an electric mop that doesn’t have fancy features, but it is still a well-designed product that is solid, versatile and efficient in almost every circumstance you put it in. We couldn’t have asked for more from an electric mop and it’s definitely recommended.
- 【All-in-one Multifunctional Design】You don't need to waste money anymore by buying different tools for keeping your floor surface clean. This all-in-one electric mop features wet wiping, dry wiping, waxing and decontaminating. With a 440ml water tank, the spray nozzle can spread the water evenly on the ground surface. In addition, equipped with a two-spin head, the dust is being contained in the middle of the mop, leaving no stains or marks on the floor.
- 【Mighty Cleaning Capacity】Supported by the powerful spin system, this spray mop rotates inwardly with spins up to 250r/min, removing the stubborn stains easily and quickly. Designed with the latest LED lights and 2.5" thin head, the mop is suitable for different housing structures. With the light brightening the path around each corner, it ensures no corner is left unclean. Moreover, it can continually work for 30-40min, after only 1.5-2 hours of fast charging.
- 【Easy Operation Even for Kids and Elders】There are only two buttons to use. One is pressed to spray the water and the other one to turn it on/off. You don't have to kneel or bend down to spray water anymore. It's easy to use even for kids and elderly people, as well as for people suffering from backache. One-hand control and two buttons interface make this household item extremely operational, making it a perfect gift for people in your life.
- 【Lightweight for One Hand Control】Say goodbye to the old fashion traditional way of mopping the floor. No more bending or kneeling on the floor. The lightweight design allows you to mop around the house with a single hand and moving the mop around the house an easy task to do. Our cordless electric spin mop is unrestricted by distance and the compact size is easy to store in any corner of your house.
- 【Adjustable Height and Angle】 Adjustable height from 36" to 48" and adjustable angle from 0° to 90°make this mop even more convenient to use. No more back pain. The 90-degree rotating mop rod makes cleaning much easier, time-saving and labor-efficient. Ergonomic aluminum alloy handle is very comfortable to use. This mop guarantees no crack left uncleaned.
4. Shark GeniusWith a unique name like Shark Genius, we were hoping for something a little out of the ordinary in terms of design, but this electric mop is rather simple and uses a straightforward corded design to steam-clean your hard floors. It has a 3-setting intelligent steam control that adjusts the temperature for optimal cleaning efficiency, and it has double-sided dirt grip washable pads that can be machine washed.
For a steam mop, the Shark Genius is relatively basic and doesn’t come with any stand-out features that could differentiate it from other electric mops or steam mops. However, that’s not necessarily a bad thing as it does it really well. The cleaning head is short enough that you can get it under some relatively small gaps and since it’s corded, you’ll have no trouble cleaning with a powerful and consistent jet of steam shooting out. It will absolutely help you clean your hard floors and you’ll notice a massive difference before and after.
One of the advantages of the Shark Genius is that it’s relatively light. Even out of the box, the Shark Genius is simple to set up and doesn’t require much knowledge or reading of the manual to get it working. This makes it a simple and effective solution for your electric mop needs and it’s hard to fault it. So to conclude, the Shark Genius steam mop might not be the most versatile electric mop, but it’s certainly functional and will help to keep your hard floors clean.
- Water tank capacity: 220 millilitre 3 setting intelligent steam control
- Double sided dirt grip washable pads
- Genius head with direct steam channeling
- Steam blaster technology
- Touch free technology
The Homitt Electric Spin Mop is also very flexible. It can be extended up to 46.5 inches or shortened down to just 40.1 inches thanks to the extendable rod, and the mop handle itself can be rotated 90 degrees to make cleaning certain areas much easier. It also has simple controls which makes it easy to operate with a single hand, and you don’t need to learn much to get it working to scrub your floors clean. We also have to praise the Homitt Electric Spin Mop for its almost-noiseless operation. You can still hear it quite distinctly, but compared to other electric mops with powerful motors, you’ll barely be able to hear it. It also has a spray function which can be used for disinfectant and other solutions to help with your cleaning.
With such an easy-to-use electric mop, it’s hard to recommend anything else. Its cordless and lightweight design makes it flexible, its impressive cleaning power is hard to beat and it’s a very ergonomic design thanks to the long handle. If you’re looking to upgrade from your traditional mop and bucket to an electric mop, then the Homitt Electric Spin Mop is a good choice at a reasonable price. It also comes with a 1-year warranty and even a money back guarantee which sweetens the deal even more.
- WIRELESS & LIGHTWEIGHT: As the newest power cleaning tool, our wireless electric spin mop is unrestricted by distance. Super lightweight to only 2. 84lbs, just mop around the house with single hand or take the floor mop up and down stairs freely for cleaning. Floor scrubber for tile and wood. To protect the battery, do not flush the mop directly into the water.
- POWER SPIN FOR EFFICIENT CLEANING: Supported by 2 upgraded LG batteries, the power spray mop spins up to 120r/min-150r/min, removing stubborn stains easily and quickly, providing more thorough cleaning for living room, kitchen, bedroom and more. Moreover, the floor scrubber can continually work for 40-50min after only 3. 5-4 hours fast charging.
- MOIST MOPPING: As designed with a 300ml water tank at the bottom for spray function, no more additional cleaning tools needed. Mopping while spraying way makes cleaning more efficient and helps to protect floor as well. You can add moderate detergent or essential oil with the included measuring cup according to personal preference. Perfect for cleaning Laminate floor, Hardwood floor, Marble floor and Tile.
- LENGTH ADJUSTABLE: The wet mop is long up to 46. 5 inch and short up to 40. 1 inch with an extendable rod at the middle part for free length adjusting to meet different needs. No bending, no backache. 90-degree rotated mop rod makes cleaning much easier, time-saving and labor-saving.
- SIMPLE OPERATION: One key for spinning control and one key for spray, simple to operate. The mop is in locked status originally to protect internal battery system. Please press the start button at the bottom to unlock when first use or charge. 2 scrubby pads for removing stubborn stains and 2 soft pads for protecting floors, no scratches left. All the microfiber mop pads are machine washable for reuse. The best gift for your parents.