The Top 5 Bluetooth Trucker Headsets Reviewed
In ordinary life, Bluetooth headsets are not essential, but if you’re a trucker, it’s hard to imagine life without them. The average articulated truck weighs more than fifty tons when fully loaded. It’s a heck of a lot of responsibility for the individual who pilots it. Drivers need to be able to keep their eyes on the road at all times.
In today’s ultra-connected smartphone-infested world, that’s a challenge. Truck drivers, just like anyone else, regularly receive phone calls from head office, providing instructions and giving orders. They need tools that enable them to respond to calls hands-free.
Bluetooth headsets for truckers do just that. Unlike headsets of old, manufacturers design these devices for all-day comfort, making them something that truckers can wear at all times. Here are some of the best sets on the market today.
Best Bluetooth Headsets For Truckers
Given the number of truck drivers in the country, it isn’t surprising that there are a number of manufacturers targeting them with a variety of headsets. After wading through the different ones on the market and comparing features, here are our picks for the best bluetooth headsets for truckers:
Like other headsets in this list, BlueParrott intends for truckers to use the B450-XT as both a Bluetooth headset and a regular pair of headphones for listening to media. But unlike a regular set of earbuds, this device comes with a range of features that make listening to music and podcasts more enjoyable. First, the noise-canceling technology on the device is excellent. It beats out listening to the stereo in your vehicle. The unique foam on the earpiece cancels out the rumble of your truck, allowing you to listen to music with clarity you just don’t get with the speakers. It also makes listening to the person on the other end of the phone far easier.
Added to that, BlueParrott pays special attention to the comfort of the ear cup. Truck drivers spend hours in the driving seat wearing headphones. It’s vital, therefore, that they have something comfortable that doesn’t irritate their ears. The super-soft sheepskin material which covers the foam reduces friction and is comfortable to wear for hours at a time, even if you have sensitive ears.
Finally, while BlueParrott doesn’t market the B450-XT explicitly for truckers, you can tell that they had heavy-duty applications in mind when designing the product. The build quality is exceptional. The device has a thick band and feels robust and durable. While the company takes design cues from many other devices that you might find on the market, it’s clear that this is a product meant to last.
- INDUSTRY LEADING SOUND: The BlueParrott B450 XT Noise Cancelling Bluetooth Headset is engineered for superior calls in high noise environments; Block out background noise with 96% noise cancellation
- LONG WIRELESS RANGE: Walk and talk with no worries; the BlueParrott Bluetooth Headset has a considerably longer wireless range of up to 300 feet from paired devices; Wireless range requires a Class 1 device
- LONG HAUL COMFORT: You can wear your BlueParrott headsets all day long; They feature a bigger, cushier ear cushion and a more comfortable, more durable padded headband
- 24 HOURS OF TALK TIME: Have all day conversations, with up to 24 plus hours of talk time and 500 hours (20 days) of standby time per charge
- HANDS FREE CONTROL – The BlueParrott headsets for truckers allows you to focus on the job at hand; thanks to the advanced features like VoiceControl, for hands free control of headset functions
So who is this product for? Why would you choose it over others available on the market? The main appeal of the Voyager 104 is the noise-cancellation technology. The company claims that it will cancel more than 99 percent of incoming sounds, making it ideal for truckers who operate in noisy conditions.
The other big plus is the stunning ambient noise cancellation for the person on the other end of the line. Truckers often have to hold conversations from noisy cabins or depots with considerable ambient noise. Noise-canceling ear cups make it easy to hear what the person at the office is saying, but the reverse isn’t true. Plantronics, however, uses a combination of software and microphone technology to get around this problem. The headset cancels ambient noise, similar to a modern smartphone, allowing truckers to make themselves heard.
Are there any downsides with the Voyager 104? One of the only gripes is the fact that the headset doesn’t seem to want to let you change media if you connect the aux. It looks like a firmware issue that Plantronics may deal with in future updates.
- Comfortable design: Mono headset with over the head design and memory foam headband and earcup provide all day comfort
- Long lasting battery: Plantronics headset has upto 24 hours of battery life on a single charge so you can stay connected all day long
- Water resistant headset: Durable materials and P2i nano coating protect Plantronics bluetooth headset from sweat, water and dust. Charge time 2.5 hours for full charge
- Glove friendly controls: Mono headset features on ear controls that are easy to access, even with work gloves. Range: Upto 60 feet/20 meter with Class 1 Bluetooth enabled device
- Noise canceling headphone: An adjustable snake boom and noise canceling technology that eliminates upto 99.6 percent of transmit noise ensures you’re heard loud and clear Per Plantronics testing of Diesel engine noise at 65dBSPL at 102Hz
3. Willful M91While the Voyager 104 and B450-XT both offer a premium experience, you pay for it. Both of these headsets are expensive. Willful’s aim with the M91 was to simulate the premium experience but at a much lower price point.
The main drawback of inexpensive Bluetooth headsets for truckers is the lack of padding around the ear cup. If you’re wearing a headset all day long, you want it to feel comfortable and provide support. Cheap products don’t do this.
The M91, however, is different. Willful has found a way to develop a product that comes with a padded, low-friction ear cup but without the hefty price tag. It seems too good to be true.
When it comes to doing the primary job of providing noise-canceling technology and giving the person on the other end of the line crystal clear sound, the M91 does well. It’s easy to hear what’s going on with this headset and it offers an impressive range – great for if you leave your mobile device in the trailer by accident. What’s more, the position of the mic is highly adjustable, helping to get rid of that annoying boom you sometimes get on cheaper headsets.
Like other players in the market, Wilfull also knows that durability is essential. If you’re selling a Bluetooth product to truckers, you need something that will last. Again, the Wilfull excels. The company doesn’t compromise on the robustness of materials, providing a headset that’ll survive if you accidentally drop it or sit on it.
- ★【 Pro Bluetooth Headset for Clear Chat 】- The boom microphone enabled the newest noise cancelling tech,can pick up your voice exactly and block the noise from the surround.Willful M91 can ensure crystal-clear conversations even in noisy environment
- ★【 Wireless Headset with Mute Button 】- There is a mute button on the microphone,just one press the key to stop all the voice when necessary
- ★【 Lightweight & Comfortable Headset 】- Skin-friendly soft earpad and flexible headband,can ensure you focus on your talk with comfortable wearing experience
- ★【 Compatibility & Dual Device Connection】-Willful M91 phone headset can pair with any bluetooth-enabled device,and can connect with 2 devices at one time.The headset can support music enjoying and voice control
- ★【 Long-lasting Battery & Compatibility】- Offer up to 17 hours continuous talking time and 200 hours standby time with single fully charged in just 2 hours
Setting up the YAMAY is a joy. When you first get your device, you’ll need to charge it up, something that takes about 1.5 hours. Once complete, a small red LED will turn blue, like a smartphone, telling you that the battery is full.
The YAMAY headset will work either on your left or right ear. Some truckers prefer to use the ear facing in the interior of the cabin to listen to their headset, leaving the other free to scan for noises coming from the road. Trucks can be either left or right-hand drive, so this is a smart move from YAMAY.
The device provides you with plenty of feedback to tell you when it’s on and connected, via a helpful LED display, and you get a mute control button.
The downsides are to be expected for a device at this price point. The big issue is the size of the ear cup. While the headband is relatively comfortable, the speaker is small and might not be suitable to wear all day. Also, some users might find that the headband is too flimsy for heavy-duty use.
So who should buy this device? Mostly, it’s for truckers on a budget. It comes in at a similar price to a standard in-ear Bluetooth device, but without the itchiness or irritation on your inner ear.
- 【 Bluetooth Headset with Noise Cancelling Mic】- The flexible microphone enabled the newest noise cancelling tech.It can pick up your voice exactly and block the noise from the surround,ensure your crystal-clear conversations even in noisy environment
- 【 BT 5.0 Multipoint Wireless Headset 】- YAMAY headset can connect with 2 bluetooth devices at one time.You can switch the usage of the headset from one device to another easily.This feature is very practical if you have 2 smartphones or other devices.
- 【 One Press to Be Mute & Music Enjoying 】- There is a mute button on the microphone arm, just one press the key to pause the conversation when you need;Traditional bluetooth headset doesn't support music playing,but YAMAY headset adds this feature ,making it more practical in daily usage
- 【 Lightweight & Comfortable 】- YAMAY handsfree phone headset built with skin-friendly soft ear pads and flexible headband.It can make you focus on your talk without feeling any burden to your head and ears
- 【 Compatibility & Long-lasting Battery 】- YAMAY headset can pair with any bluetooth-enabled devices,include android and IOS devices;2 Hours charging can offer up to 19 hours continuous talking time and 200 hours standby time.
Mpow does well to stuff their Bluetooth headset full of the latest inexpensive digital wizardly to add performance and save on costs. One of the device’s most impressive features is its ability to block out ambient noise. The person on the other end of the line is often blissfully unaware that you’re standing next to an engine ticking over or have the window down while driving along the interstate. The headset automatically cancels extraneous noises, selectively piping through the sound of your voice.
You may, however, have issues. While the vast majority stand to benefit from the Mpow, the limited talk-time battery life will be a concern for some. If you spend all day on the phone while driving, the Mpow is not the headset for you. The battery life is just too short. The company claims 12 hours, but most users find that they get substantially less than this.
Ultimately, this headset is for truckers who need to take the occasional hands-free call while driving and want to pay as little as possible.
- BUILT FOR CLEAR CHAT -- Superior 4X Noise Cancelling Microphone blocks out unwanted noise. The mic is also adjustable to pick up your voices loud and clear. Provide crystal-clear conversations even in noisy environment.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE -- The headset weights 1.48 oz (lighter than an egg). Enjoy extended comfort with padded earpad and flexible headband.
- 12-Hrs TALKING TIME -- Offer up to 12 hours continuous talking time and 200 hours standby time with single fully charged in just 2 hours.
- EASY PAIRING & WIRELESS FREEDOM -- Pair easily with any two Bluetooth devices at one time. Roam range up to 30 feet from paired Bluetooth devices. Meet all your needs of calling.
- COMPLY WITH FCC REGULATIONS - FCC ID 2AMH2-MBH15. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the Radio frequency devices. Please note that this headset is specially designed for calling, doesn't support listening to music. Great idea for driver, call center, Skype chat, conference calls, webinar presentations and more.
How To Pick A Good Trucker Headset
This YouTube video does a great job of explaining what to look for when buying a bluetooth trucker headset: