USB Host Shield 2.0 for Arduino – Assembled
This is revision 2.0 of USB Host Shield. Thanks to new interface layout it is now compatible with more Arduinos - not only UNO and Duemilanove, but also big Mega and Mega 2560 work with Standard variant of this shield out of the box. No more SPI re-wiring and code modifications - just plug and play!
This shield comes with standard 0.1" headers soldered on - if you prefer stackable headers and don't mind soldering take a look at the kit variant of the shield.
This shield will work with standard (dual 5/3.3V) and 3.3V-only (for example, Arduino Pro) boards.
Arduino clones with standard connector layout, including ICSP connector, should work, however only BlackWidow has been tested so far.
If your Arduino clone doesn't follow classic layout, take a look at previous revision of the shield.
The following device classes are currently supported by the shield:
- HID devices, such as keyboards, mice, joysticks, etc.
- game controllers - Sony PS3, Nintendo Wii, Xbox360
- USB to serial converters - FTDI, PL-2303, ACM, as well as certain cell phones and GPS receivers
- ADK-capable Android phones and tables
- Digital cameras - Canon EOS, Powershot, Nikon DSLRs and P&S, as well as generic PTP
- Mass storage devices, such as USB sticks, memory card readers, external hard drives
- Bluetooth dongles
Support for more devices is currently in development.
No related posts.