I just took delivery on a batch of MAX3421Es from Maxim. They are available for sale in the store for $8.00.
The MAX3421E makes the vast collection of USB peripherals available to any microprocessor, ASIC, or DSP when it operates as a USB host. For point-to-point solutions, for example, a USB keyboard or mouse interfaced to an embedded system, the firmware that operates the MAX3421E can be simple since only a targeted device is supported.
This controller is supported by open source firmware that I’m developing for 8-bit microcontrollers, including PIC18s and Arduino.
- Lightweight USB Host. Part 3 – accessing MAX3421E.
- PS3 and Wiimote Game Controllers on the Arduino Host Shield: Part 1
- Arduino USB Host – Peripherals.
- Lightweight USB host. Part 6 – introduction to HID.
- Lightweight USB Host. Part 4 – The code.
- Lightweight USB Host. Part 5 – control transfers.
- Lightweight USB Host. Part 1 – Motivation.
- Arduino USB host – First programs.
- Lightweight USB Host. Part 2 – Hardware.
- Arduino USB Host – USB Descriptors.