This is a quick post about another great project. Tomoyuki Tanaka AKA Tomo on this site, active in PS3 and Wiimote game controllers thread, AKA moyuchin on Youtube posted this little video of RC car controller made of Wiimote, Arduino Pro Mini and USB Host Shield Mini interfacing with Bluetooth dongle. Check out the video to see how speed, direction and steering controls have been implemented.
Tomoyuki also made the code available on github. The code is based on Richard Ibbotson’s popular Wiimote Bluetooth code, as well as my MAX3421E and USB Host libraries. The code is well organized and even has a brief documentation in README file. Further development is on the way – Tomo is planning to add ultrasonic sensor support, so keep an eye on this repo. Good job, Tomoyuki and thank you very much for sharing your outstanding work!
- PS3 and Wiimote Game Controllers on the Arduino Host Shield: Part 1
- Bluetooth code for Arduino USB Host
- Interfacing MIDI devices with Arduino using USB Host Shield
- PS3 and Wiimote Game Controllers on the Arduino Host Shield: Part 3
- Sony PS3 Controller support added to USB Host library
- Controlling robotic arm with Arduino and USB mouse
- Arduino USB Host Mini – first prototype.
- PS3 and Wiimote Game Controllers on the Arduino Host Shield: Part 2
- Using USB Bluetooth dongle on Arduino to connect to Windows PC
- Arduino USB host – Pre-prototyping.