This is the status update on Arduino USB Host Mini development, announced 3 weeks ago. I received rev.0 PCBs last Saturday – BatchPCB is faster than ever! I made a test build (see title picture) and after fixing one major and several minor mistakes placed an order for what I’m hoping will be the final pre-production sample.
The prototype was built to sit on top of Arduino Pro Mini to make access to the parts easier during troubleshooting. On the final board USB connector is placed slightly further away from the pins; it will be possible to place Arduino on top of the shield so that the height of the “sandwich” will be less or equal to the height of USB connector.
In 2-3 weeks I’m hoping to finalize the design and start producing the USB Host Mini. Stay tuned!
- USB Host Shield for Arduino – first prototype.
- Arduino USB Host Mini – initial revision
- USB Host Mini Hardware Manual
- Arduino USB Host Shield build log. Part 3.
- Arduino USB Host Shield build log. Part 1.
- Arduino USB Host Shield build log. Part 2.
- Arduino USB host – Pre-prototyping.
- Arduino USB Host Shield build log. Part 4.
- Arduino USB host – First programs.
- Arduino USB Host – Peripherals.