This is another excellent project which uses USB Host Shield and digital camera control library. Manishi Barosee created Bluetooth interface between Canon EOS camera and Android phone. Current revision of the code allows for manual control of aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, focus, LiveView, and of course, capture. Planned features include video mode control, rack focusing, as well as intervalometer/timer/HDR services.
Watch the video and if you’d like to build the circuit, visit Manishi’s blog to see what’s involved. I am very impressed with design of this controller and plan to build one myself to control my DSLRs. Also, please take a look at Arduino code – an easy to understand sketch, which can be modified for other camera systems without touching the Android part of the controller.
Good job, Manishi!
- Android ADK terminal emulator for Arduino
- Interfacing MIDI devices with Arduino using USB Host Shield
- RC car controlled by Wii Remote on Arduino
- Controlling Canon Powershot cameras with Arduino
- Driving the Cheeky Mail Notifier from Arduino
- Andriod ADK-compatible USB Host Library release.
- Using HID device for RC control
- Building Google ADK hardware from standard components
- Google Open Accessory Interface for USB Host Shield Library 2.0 released
- Interfacing Arduino to a Cellular Phone