The 5 Best Solar Deck Lights Reviewed
Are you looking for Solar Deck lights to be eco-friendly and save you money? Look no further. We got the 5 Best Solar Deck lights hand picked for you.
There’s nothing quite like sitting out on your deck on a warm summer’s evening, kicking back with a cold drink and looking back over the day you’ve just had.
But sometimes your relaxing alfresco experience is cut short due to the fading daylight, and you’re forced to go back inside long before you’re ready.
So what’s the solution? Solar deck lights, of course! Not only are solar deck lights a fantastic way of creating outdoor lighting and allowing you to relax outside for longer, but they can also allow you to create a variety of different atmospheres for your outdoor space.
Relaxing with Solar Deck Lights
Whether it’s dining with family, enjoying drinks with friends or relaxing in your hot tub, solar deck lights are the perfect way to make even more use of your garden.
They don’t need to be wired to an electricity source either, which doesn’t only mean that they’ll save you money on your power bill, but make a great environmentally friendly choice too.
However, when it comes to finding the perfect lighting for your deck things can become a little bit confusing. So, to help make things a little clearer we’ve put together a list of the best solar deck lights available, along with a super useful buying guide that’s packed full of hints and tips on what to look out for before making your final decision.
Grab a seat, keep reading and pretty soon you’ll know everything you need to know in order to kit your deck out in glorious solar lighting.
Best Solar Deck Lights
1. SUNFACE Pack of 6 Solar Deck Lights
- Solar deck lights: without your payment for electricity, build in sensor and automated switch, the light comes on at night and goes off at dawn.
- Two mode lighting: Warm / 7 changing color lighting, solar LED lights used to lighting for your garden, deck, yard, backyard, stair, fence post.
- ABS plastic: The material ensures the durability of the product. it can stay in place well and handle a good mount of extreme weather, snow and rain.
Easy to install with the included screws, this Pack of 6 Solar Deck Lights from SUNFACE are a great choice for adding light to your garden at night without any need for an outdoor electricity source.
Each 10 lumen light has a built in sensor and an automatic switch which turns the light on when it senses that daylight is beginning to fade, and then turns them back off again as soon as the sun begins to rise. Whilst the light is off, the extra large solar panels charge the batteries by harnessing the sun’s rays and storing it as energy, ready to power them again that same night.
One of the best features about these Solar Deck Lights is that you have the opportunity to choose between two different lighting modes. The warm white option is perfect for lighting up walkways and providing a stronger glow when you’re entertaining or dining alfresco, or if you’re after more of a party atmosphere you can choose the color changing mode which works through 7 different colors.
Their ABS plastic construction makes them extremely durable as well as weatherproof against even the heaviest rain or snow, and their quality is backed up by a 12 month warranty and a 60 day money back guarantee.
- Really easy to install and comes with all of the screws and anchors you need to securely attach them
- The built in sensor and automatic switch powers the lights on and dusk and turns them off again at dawn
- These lights have extra large solar panels to store more solar energy at a quicker rate
- You have the opportunity to switch between two different light modes – warm white and color changing
- Super durable and weatherproof, and comes with a 12 month warranty and a 60 day money back guarantee
- In color changing mode the lights don’t change color in unison, so you’ll have different colors on each light at different intervals
2. Greluna Pack of 8 Solar Wall Lights
- ☀【 NEW VERSION 】 Upgraded Solar LED design allows you can choose 2 modes - Warm White and Color Changing.The Warm White is suitable for daily decoration,and the other one is especial fit for festival décor. You can change the modes you want by WHITE/COLOR. The Color temperature of the warm mode is 3000 k
- ☀【 EASY TO INSTALL 】These Solar Lights Outdoor are wireless. As external wires are eliminated, the risk of accidents are minimized and easy to install/reinstall. Let you completely avoid installation troubles
- ☀【 WEATHER RESISTANT 】The Wall Solar Light make of high quality ABS material - weatherproof and durable make these solar lights fixtures works well and safe in different kinds of weathers. And fully recharges the batteries (Built- in rechargeable 1.2v 600mah AA Ni-CD Batteries) in 6 hours,it can keep lighting for 8 hours
You have two different lighting options with these lights. The first is a warm white glow, which is perfect for providing the maximum amount of visibility at night time without creating a super-bright, blinding light that could be a nuisance for your neighbors. The second choice is a color-changing mode, which allows the light to work it’s way through 7 different colors and provides the perfect ambience for an outdoor party or for creating a relaxing atmosphere when placed around a hot tub or spa.
These 10 lumen lights are constructed using highly durable ABS plastic, which means you can leave them outdoors all year round without worrying about them getting easily damaged. They are also highly weather resistant and can take a beating from heavy rain, winds and snow without showing any signs of wear and tear.
An extra large solar panel based on the top of each light allows the battery to fully recharge in as little as six hours, and also allows for more sunlight to get harnessed even in cloudy conditions. Complete with all of the fixtures and fittings you need to get these lights securely attached to your deck, these lights are easy to install and even come with a 12 month warranty.
- A pack of 8 solar lights that are perfect for adding light to your deck, driveway, garden, outdoor steps and more
- The choice of two different lighting options (warm white and color changing) allows you to create the perfect ambience for your deck
- Constructed using highly durable ABS plastic and extremely weatherproof
- An extra large solar panel allows the battery to recharge in as little as six hours, even in cloudy weather
- Comes with all of the fixtures and fittings needed for installation and includes a 12 month warranty
- Both the warm white and color changing options do not provide super-bright lighting, however this makes them perfect for creating a more relaxed atmosphere
3. JACKYLED Pack of 8 Solar Deck Lights
- Charge Automatically: JACKYLED solar dock light absorbs the unlimited and free power from the sun about 6-8 hours to supply the LEDs up to 72 hours. It will automatically charge during daytime and illuminates when night falls or with the onset of inclement weather. It is not only environmental protection but also saving money, continuous solar energy does it for you. Thank you for your help for earth!
- IP68 Waterproof: JACKYLED blue solar dock light has passed IP68 waterproof rating, the tightly sealed battery compartment can withstand most kinds of environments, no rusting, durable all year round.
- Hard Shell: JACKYLED blue solar dock light is made of high quality poly-carbonate which means that it will not be damaged even the car or truck run over it, and it can withstand 20 tons of pressure, hard enough for any road. Each light has 6 premium quality LEDs which gives out a visible super bright and steady light for more than 875 yards.
Designed to be placed on a horizontal flat surface, each light has a large solar panel that will recharge the battery during the day before the automatic sensor will power them on as soon as it senses the light is beginning to fade.
These lights are constructed using extremely durable, high quality polycarbonate and have been tested to withstand up to 20 tons of pressure without showing any signs of damage, totally removing any worries you may have about their need for floor-installation. They are also IP68 compliant, and can withstand extreme weather conditions without getting damaged.
Each light produces 400 lumens which is powerful enough to clearly light up an area for maximum visibility, and the included screw kits allow you to easily install each light in under 5 minutes. They also come with a 60 day no fuss return policy, and are guaranteed for 12 months.
- A pack of 8 solar deck lights that are available in a choice of warm white, bright white, green or blue
- Designed for horizontal installation, making them perfect for installing on deck steps and driveways
- The large solar panel recharges the lights during the day, and the automatic sensor powers them on as soon as the light begins to fade
- Constructed using durable polycarbonate which can withstand up to 20 tons of pressure without getting damaged, and are IP68 weather resistant compliant
- Includes a screw kit for each light and comes with a 12 month warranty
- Although available to purchase in a variety of light colors, these solar deck lights don’t give you multiple lighting options and will only produce the color of light you choose
4. JSOT Pack of 6 Solar Deck Lights
- ☀【Outdoor Solar Lights Upgrade Solar Panel】There solar deck lights come with upgraded 0.3W solar panel, solar conversion rate is higher than other solar deck lights, ensure faster and more fully charged.Thickened version with 31° design outdoor solar lights make the power charged from more angle and make the light effect better than before,light is accompanied by you.
- ☀【Energy Save & Friendly Environment】As the solar stairway lights are completely solar powered, not only saving money but also protecting the environment.3 LED solar light with powerful 700mah rechargeable battery for up to 8-10 hours of illumination in full charge ,provides a more bright level of illumination than other similar 2 LED solar lights in the market, safety with you.
- ☀【Auto Working Mode】Outdoor solar step lights build with automatic light sensor function, the solar walkway light automatically ON at night and OFF during day. Perfect for illuminating stairs, paths, decks, gardens, lawns or decorating your home,it is a good choice for Thanksgiving Day,Halloween,Christmas.
Once fully charged the battery will provide you with between 7-10 hours of outdoor illumination, all without the need for an electricity source. These lights also feature an automatic sensor that will power them on as soon as daylight begins to fade, and will turn them off again once the sun starts to rise the next morning.
Constructed using stainless steel, ABS plastic and poly-crystalline, these lights are extremely durable and are also IP44 weather resistant, so you’ll be able to leave them outdoors all year round without worrying about them getting damaged by heavy rainfall or snow.
Their cool white light is perfect for creating the maximum amount of visibility possible around your deck without being too bright thanks to their 30 lumen output. They are also really easy to install, and can either be attached to your deck using the included screw kits or by simply attaching with strong double sided tape.
- A pack of six solar deck lights that are have an upgraded solar panel for super fast recharging even in cloudy conditions
- One charge will provide 7-10 hours or illumination, and the built-in sensor will automatically power them on at sunset and switch them off again at sunrise
- Construction from a mix of stainless steel, ABS plastic and poly-crystalline for ultimate durability
- Each light is also IP44 compliant and can withstand extreme weather conditions without getting damaged
- Easy to install with the included screw kits or simply by attaching with strong double sided tape
- These solar deck lights are only available in one lighting color
5. Solpex Pack of 16 Solar Deck Lights
- 【Warm Light without Dazzling】Warm white led of this deck light is enough for you to illuminate your fence, deck, step, patio, yard or garden, which is safer for the whole family to go downstairs at night.
- 【Automatic Work Mode】The solar stair light has no switch, just pull out the insulator tab to use. On sunny days, it takes only 4-5 hours to be fully charged. It can turn on automatically at dusk and turn off at dawn.
- 【Widespread Use】The solar fence lights outdoor perfect for illuminating stairs, paths, gardens, decks, also use lighting front door, back yard, driveway, garage, outdoor wall and so on.
They have also been really cleverly designed in a right-angled shape, making them ideal for placing on steps and deck edges where the solar panels can pick up the maximum amount of sunlight. Each light only takes 4-5 hours to fully recharge, and the built in sensor will automatically power them on at night and then switch them off again the next morning, ready for them to recharge all over again.
Their brown colored outer shells are constructed using durable ABS plastic and are IP44 compliant, so can withstand heavy rains, winds and snow without getting damaged. The color of them also means that they will blend in seamlessly with wooden decks and won’t look out of place during the day.
Each light is also really easy to install and comes with an included screw kit, or if you’d rather not attach them to your deck with screws they can also be held securely in place using a strong double sided tape. Whichever way you choose to install them, their design ensures that they sit almost flush with the flat surface, so there’s no need to worry about tripping on them.
- A pack of 16 solar deck lights that are perfect for providing illumination over a larger area and giving you excellent value for money
- Cleverly designed in a right-angle shape that sits almost-flush with flat surfaces and are ideal for installing on steps and deck edges
- Each light fully recharges in just 4-5 hours, and has an automatic sensor that powers it on at night and turns it off in the morning
- Constructed using ABS plastic and are IP44 weather resistant
- Easy to install and comes with a screw kit for each light
- People that previously purchased these solar deck lights noted that the solar panels needed to be placed in total sunlight in order to get a good amount of light from them
Solar Deck Lights – Buyer’s Guide
Installing solar deck lights into your outdoor space is a great way of providing illumination when you want to stay outside a little longer during the summer months, for creating that perfect ambience for alfresco dining and for providing a clearly-lit path on decks, driveways and walkways.
They are also a much more environmentally friendly way of providing outdoor lighting, and are easy to install since they don’t require a source of electricity to power them.
However, before you settle on your final decision over which solar deck lights are the perfect choice for your garden, there are a few things you need to consider. Below, we’ve outlined some key points that will help ensure you get the best lighting for your deck and for your individual needs.
Amount of Lights
The first thing you need to think about is how many solar deck lights you need. The best way to do this is to look at the size of your deck or the area you’re wanting to install solar lighting into, and then take a look at the different pack sizes available.
Solar deck lights come in a variety of pack sizes ranging from 4 to 16 lights, so the bigger space you’re illuminating the more lights you’ll need. Keep in mind the strength of each light as well. This is measured in ‘lumens’, and the higher the number of lumens each light has the stronger it will be.
With the above in mind, if you’re lighting a smaller-sized deck you would probably only need a pack of between 4-8 solar lights, with each producing somewhere between 10-40 lumens. For larger areas, more lights would be needed with a higher number of lumens per light in order to provide adequate illumination.
The next thing you’ll want to consider is what color of light you’d like your solar deck lights to produce. The spectrum on this can be quite varied, and finding the correct one for your individual needs will help to create the perfect atmosphere for your deck.
The most popular color of light you’ll find when looking for solar deck lights is ‘warm white’. This is a soft, amber glow that produces a good amount of illumination without being overly bright or blinding. Bright-white is the opposite of warm-white, and will create incredibly bright lighting that is almost ice-blue in color, which is good for providing visibility on steps and potential trip hazards, but isn’t the best for creating a relaxing ambiance.
There are some solar deck lights that also come with the option to switch between lighting modes and create color-changing lighting as well. This is a really good option to go for if you like to host a lot of outdoor events and would like to change the atmosphere accordingly, or if you’ve got a hot tub on your deck and would like to create a chilled, relaxing feeling around it.
Hours of Light
It’s important to bear in mind the number of hours of illumination you’ll get from each solar light as well, particularly if you’re planning on spending a lot of time on your deck at night time. Some solar deck lights are able to produce between 7-10 hours of light depending on how much sunlight they’ve been exposed to that day, which should provide you with more than you need once the sun has gone down.
As well as the atmosphere the color of the lights can create for you, it’s important to make sure that the design of the lights themselves fit in with your deck and that they don’t look out of place during the day.
Many solar deck lights are designed in a decorative fashion, with lead-style embossing on the fronts which gives them a classical feeling that will fit in with almost any outdoor design scheme. However, if you’re after something a little more modern, there are also solar deck lights that are designed in a sleek, minimalist fashion to match your deck and outdoor furniture.
Another really good feature to look for is solar lights that have been designed in a right-angled shape. This allows you to install them on steps and the edges of decking where they will sit almost flush with the floor’s surface and produce uplighting without becoming a trip hazard. This type of lighting is usually also designed in a natural color that will blend in with the existing color of a wooden deck and won’t stand out.
You have a few material choices when you’re looking for solar deck lights as well and, ultimately, the material you choose will have an impact on how long your lights last.
The most commonly used material in the construction of solar deck lights is ABS plastic, and this is because it’s extremely durable and can withstand year after year of outdoor use without showing any signs of damage.
There are also solar deck lights available that are constructed using other materials such as stainless steel, which is naturally rust resistant, and polycarbonate which can withstand up to 20 tons of pressure without suffering any damage.
So it’s worth taking a minute to think about how much traffic your deck gets, and whether you can foresee your lights suffering any damage from a wayward soccer ball, and investing in a tougher material if necessary.
Whichever material you settle on, it’s important to make sure that your solar deck lights are fully weatherproof as well. Any lights that state they are either IP68 or IP44 compliant will have passed stringent testing and will be able to withstand even the heaviest rain, winds or snowfall without breaking. This allows you to leave them in place all year round and not have to worry about unscrewing them and bringing them in during the colder months.
The more secure your solar deck lights are the better, as they won’t get blown down by wind or accidentally knocked off by over-zealous play, so it’s a good idea to give some thought to how you intend on installing your solar lights onto your deck.
Most solar lights come with screw kits that allow you to easily and quickly attach them to your deck where they will be held securely in place by the existing wood. However, if you’re not too keen on screwing more holes into your deck, there are some lights that can be attached using a strong, double sided tape instead.
Whichever way you decided to install them, make sure that you’ve got your placement right before you secure them, as it can be a little tricker to move them once they’ve been secured in place.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best solar deck lights?
There are loads of great solar lights available to purchase for a deck, but no matter which brand you go for it’s important to make sure that they will give you the kind of illumination you need to create the atmosphere you’re aiming for. Take a look at our buying guide above for a more comprehensive breakdown of what to look out for before you make your purchase.
Hi, I am Charles your local Home Tech and Gadget Expert. I’ve been fascinated with electricity for as long as I can remember. I grew up in an old home in a rural setting, so the quality and continuity of our electrical service were spotty at best.
Spending time without power (or running off a generator) gave me a lot of appreciation for the benefits of electricity. I love writing and talking about it.