The 5 Best Electric Fireplace Reviewed
Are you looking for a way to heat your home? We got the 5 Best Electric Fireplace for you today. We have the best electric fireplace to efficiently heat up your home with enhanced elegance and keep your living room in style.
If so, an electric fireplace could be one of the best investments you could ever hope to make for a modern home.
However, you will only unlock the full joys of owning a luxury electric fireplace if you are prepared to put in the necessary levels of research.
There are dozens of great electric fireplaces on the market, but analyzing the pros and cons of each would take months – especially if you aren’t an expert in the field.
We’ve done the hard work for you to compile a shortlist of five incredible options that are all capable of taking center stage in your living room.
Best Electric Fireplaces
There are a number of ways to add heat to a room in your home – everything from pellet stoves, propane heaters, heat pumps, and electric fireplaces. If you’ve settled on the latter, we can save you some time in your research. We’ve looked at the latest models available, compared features, and analyzed owner feedback. From that research, here are our picks for the best electric fireplaces:
1. Touchstone 80004 Electric Fireplace
Available in a variety of sizes from 36” to 100”, the Touchstone 80004 electric fireplace is designed to fit inside existing wall recesses, giving you a fantastic opportunity to emulate a natural fireplace vibe while also retaining as much space in your living room as physically possible.
While the Touchstone electric fireplace will certainly heat up the room as desired, (running at 1500W to heat rooms of up to 400ft2) the direction of air movement ensures that the other electronic goods are not at risk. This does mean, though, that it should be mounted at least 1 ft below the ceiling. Meanwhile, TVs should not be placed directly above it.
A range of settings and options allow you to control the look through different colors and effects. Whether it’s the crystal effect or the faux wood style, you can always find a winning atmosphere for every occasion. Watching a family film, enjoying a romantic meal, and relaxing with friends can all be enhanced by the esthetic rewards.
The low heat setting is particularly ideal when you want the appearance of a wood fire but don’t want to be left sweltering. The low maintenance system is also capable of providing several years of service – as long as it is installed correctly from the outset.
Touchstone is a brand you can trust, and the affordable 80004 model is the jewel in their crown, providing the function and appearance of an expensive real fireplace at a fraction of the cost – both as an initial outlay and in regards to ongoing costs. Those features can only be considered a recipe for success.
- APPEARANCE: The Sideline electric fireplace is designed for recessed in-wall mounting. Creating a cozy atmosphere of a traditional fireplace, this electronic fireplace has realistic flames with a real fire look. The Sideline’s 5 flame settings radiate a soft ember glow up to an intense blaze. Sideline gives you the total package. Control the heat and flame with the remote control. Designed to use one log or crystal, if you prefer you can mix both safely.
- INSTALLATION: This Sideline installs simply and can safely be attached to framing studs. The sides & back of the unit remain with the heat feature on. Recommended minimum of 8” of space between the top of the fireplace and your TV, mantel, picture ceiling. The Sideline can be installed in existing fireplace openings safely. Consult with a licensed professional to ensure your unused gas lines and vents are secured properly. The Sideline fireplace is ventless.
- OPERATION: The Sideline’s heater will take the edge off a cool room or basement, and it can be run with no heat, just flames in warmer climates. The Sideline comes with a 6-foot power cord for a 110-120V outlet. It is also hard-wire ready for in-wall install. The unit draws a max of 12 amps, so the fireplace can be used on a 15-amp circuit. A 20-amp circuit may be necessary, depending on the use of other electronics on that same electric circuit.
2. PuraFlame Alice Electric Fireplace
Built to replace a real fireplace while maintaining an authentic look, the PuraFlame Alice electric heater is a great solution. The 1500W unit is available in sizes from 40” to 68” while it can be finished with a black frame or white frame depending on your personal preferences.
A front-facing blower at the top of the heater ensures that heat is generated and circulated throughout rooms of up to 400ft2 with great efficiency and, crucially, in a way that reflects an authentic log fire. Perhaps the greatest feature, regarding the function comes from the adjustable thermostat, which lets you control the temperature with incredible accuracy.
The 120V unit also utilizes LED technology to reduce running costs while the versatile range of 4 materials (3 types of rocks/crystals plus the wood effect) offers a level of flexibility that cannot be emulated elsewhere. The easy installation properties mean that you probably won’t need to hire an expert either, which saves a significant sum of money too. The PureFlame customer care team is very helpful if required too.
Whether wall-mounted or installed with the recess where a real fire once lived, the PureFlame Alice model produces an iconic traditional look while promoting modern technology and function. The fact that the heat comes out of the front means that you can install a TV above it too, especially when the recess offers some protection around the unit.
It can run without heat too, giving you the atmospheric benefits without becoming too hot. Likewise, the 750W option gives you the best of both worlds. When you want a modern approach to creating a traditional appeal, this is one of the greatest options.
- DIMENSION: Overall dimension (including glass): 50” Width x 20 1/4” Height x 6 1/6” Depth, firebox dimension (without glass): 43 3/5” W x 18 1/33” H x 5 11/16” D. For more information, please see “Specification sheet” in “Technical Specification” section below
- INSTALLATION: In-wall recessed installation ONLY, CANNOT be hanged on the wall or freestanding, a perfect fit for 2 x 6" wall. Two electrical connections: Plug-in or Hard-wiring. Just plug in 110V outlet and enjoy
- REALISTIC FLAME EFFECT: Ultra High Intensity LED lights provide very bright and realistic flame effect. Two options for ember bed: Log set or crystal stones to suit your need. Total 4 different flame settings cater to your desired ambience (1. Yellow with a little bit blue low brightness 2. All yellow brightness 3. Yellow with a little bit blue brightness 4. All blue brightness). The flame effect can be operated with or without heat for year-round ambience
3. Duraflame Electric Infrared Electric Fireplace
The Duraflame electric stove offers the benefits of a traditional stove, only without bellowing smoke throughout the property, which makes it far safer for your breathing as well as the health of the property. Moreover, the fact it’s portable opens the door to a host of new options, such as heating the conservatory or summer house as and when required without buying separate heating units.
In addition to the versatility gained from having a portable unit, the Duraflame electric infrared unit is available in several colors including black, bronze, cinnamon, white, and French grey. All of them look fantastic, although the black is probably the one that gives a traditional and rustic vibe.
The very powerful unit can heat rooms of up to 1,000ft2. This, combined with the portability can save valuable energy and money as you won’t need to heat the entire property – although it’s always worth retaining the central heating system for when multiple rooms need heating, and to maintain property value.
3-D flames are particularly realistic, down to the glowing embers, and the lack of a crackling sound is arguably the only giveaway that this isn’t a real stove. The low operational volume of the fan does not distract you from conversations, watching TV, or other tasks. You will only hear it with any clarity when the room is virtually silent.
When looking at portable heaters, the look and function need to be supported by practicality. The Duraflame heater is very sturdy and won’t be knocked over easily. It is also cool to touch, which is another major bonus for families with young children.
- 5,200 BTU heater provides supplemental zone heating for up to 1,000 square feet to help you save money
- Patent pending 3D flame effect technology features realistic flames that dance on and behind the logs, including five adjustable color, brightness, and speed settings
- The infrared quartz heat helps to maintain the natural humidity in the air, resulting in comfortable heat without drying out the room's
4. TURBRO Suburbs Electric Fireplace
The TURBRO Suburbs electric stove is another portable heater that uses a realistic wood-burning effect to create a rustic and homely vibe while the black unit is reminiscent of the traditional styles. Available in 20” and 23” variants, the 1400W unit is more than capable of heating the room in style.
Given its portable nature, the unit is naturally a lot lighter than the authentic thing. However, this does not make it a flimsy or unsteady product. On the contrary, it is a lightweight yet sturdy product that is safe to touch even when being used. The cozy atmosphere is a delight for anyone wanting to seriously boost the décor of their home without breaking the bank.
Moreover, the fact that it uses electric heating and fan tech means you can place the electric stove in the corner of a room or in the central region. Most will find that making it a key focal point of the room is best, not least when utilizing it as a heating device – although it is possible to enjoy the lighting effects without heating the room.
TURBRO boasts a solid reputation, which is an important item on any buyer’s checklist. Moreover, the unit can be easily assembled in a matter of minutes without any additional help. When the heating aspects are used, the quick heating efficiency is a very positive function too.
Whether planning to keep the device in one room at all times, or move it around the home as required, the simple 15.5lb unit and its orange flames are sure to produce the winning atmosphere you crave. The low operational noises and CSA certification will also put your mind at ease.
- 🔥Toasty Fireplace: There’s no better feeling than relaxing by the fireplace on a cold, winter evening as you sip a steaming cup of hot cocoa. Stay warm this winter with the efficient 4,777 BTU heat output of a TURBRO Suburbs electric stove.
- 🔥Flame Control: Create a charming fireside environment without the mess and smoke of a real fire. The flame effect can be turned on separately from the heat to help you set the mood when the heater is not needed.
- 🔥Safe to Touch: The heating element is located on the bottom so the body of the stove is always cool to the touch, no matter how long it has been running.
5. BestMassage Wall Electric Fireplace
Black surrounding frames, bright orange electric 3-D flames, and the choice of 750W or 1500W functions instantly put the BestMassage electric fireplace at the very top table of items on the market. However, it has so much more to offer thanks to the beauty of the curved, tempered glass and other key elements of tech and design.
The 35” unit is well suited to residential and commercial use, being used in boardrooms, hotel lounges, club rooms and more. It offers a traditional atmosphere without the hassles associated with real fireplaces. The curved glass gives users a great view from any angle too.
In addition to being suited to wall mounting, the unit can be installed as a freestanding product, which brings a whole realm of new opportunities to the table. The responsive remote control allows you to turn the unit on and off while also controlling the heat settings and temperature at the click of a button. As you’d expect from a BestMassage product, it is very responsive.
Despite being smaller than many options, it’s still big enough to capture the attention without eating into the physical space. Moreover, when dealing with the heating capabilities, it’s the voltage of the product that matters more than the physical dimensions. This truly is a great option for those on a budget.
The hardware used to hang the unit is very sturdy while you do not need to leave a huge hap between electric heater and the ceiling. It’s durability combined with the long-lasting LED lighting ensure that the product is set to provide ambience for years to come.
- Ⅰ-DUAL-MODE DESIGN:Everybody likes a quiet electric heater will not disturb your work and sleep. The noise of this electric fireplace is less than 37 decibels.The electric stove is not heavy and only weights 13 pounds , easy to carry around.
- Ⅱ-REALISTIC FLAME:The electric fireplace automatically shuts off when the internal temperature is too high. It provides well-distributed heat without affecting the humidity of the air, sets a great calming ambiance
- Ⅲ-EASY TO INSTALL:Our electric heater is easy to install. Just fix the screw on the electric stove .Elegant freestanding design electric fireplace heater with classic metal finish and copper effect handles.Dimensions: 17" L x 10" W x 20" H
ADVANTAGES OF AN ELECTRICAL FIREPLACE HEATER.
Compared to gas or wood-burning fireplaces, an electrical fireplace heater requires fewer materials and energy to generate heat. By buying an electric heater, you’re doing more than picking an effective heating option, you’re assisting the environment by not burning natural deposits, or launching hazardous gasses into the atmosphere.
THEY’RE COST EFFECTIVE.
Not only are electric fireplace heating services budget-friendly, but research study likewise shows that as much as 50% of the heat generated by other fireplace choices is lost as it’s taken in into the environment. An electric fireplace heater, on the other hand, ensures that little or no energy is compromised since it is transformed directly into an effective heat source..
Are ELECTRIC FIREPLACE EFFICIENT?
With an electric fireplace heater, the warmth they provide is dissipated directly into the space. It’s not lost through special venting or chimneys needed by other kinds of fireplaces..
VERY LITTLE SETUP REQUIRED.
A conventional fireplace requires a tremendous amount of preparation and construction to accomplish the preferred appearance. In contrast, an electric fireplace is a problem-free solution with a straightforward installation procedure.
WHAT ARE ELECTRICAl FIREPLACE TYPES.
There are a variety of electrical fireplace options offered, in a variety of variations and colors. Offered options include free-standing, installed or recessed styles.
1. FREE-STANDING ELECTRIC FIREPLACE HEATER.
This economical electrical fireplace heater alternative offers a great deal of flexibility, with portable, plug and play and other solutions. These heating systems supply a low-cost method to provide supplemental heat to make a relaxed space. That said, wall mounted electrical fireplace heaters offer added visual appeal without the risk of toppling, unintended fires, and burns.
2. WALL-MOUNTED ELECTRIC FIREPLACE HEATER.
A wall-mounted electric fireplace heater includes style and sophistication to any room. Most of the wall-installed electrical fireplace heating systems are totally automated.
3. RECESSED ELECTRIC FIREPLACE HEATER.
These heating systems offer an integrated, finished look and like others, provide a variety of heat settings. Recessed fireplace heaters do need more time, work, and expense to establish however typically not as much as traditional fireplaces.
4. ELECTRIC FIREPLACE HEATER INSERTS.
The variety of sizes and styles of fireplace inserts is extensive, and they’re simpler to install than a traditional fireplace. The inserts also give you more control over the light and heat provided.
FAQ for the Best Electric Fireplace
Do the electric fireplaces really heat a room?
Do electric fireplaces use a lot of electricity?
Are electric fireplaces tacky?
Not any longer! When electrical fireplaces were first launched they were visibly cheap and had undoubtedly fake flame results. Modern electrical fireplaces such as the Regency Skope series are particularly designed to suit any modern-day home and deal with reasonable 3-dimensional displays.
What should I look for when buying an electric fireplace?
What is the difference between an electric fireplace and an infrared fireplace?
How much will an electric fireplace raise my electric bill?
Can you plug an electric fireplace into a regular outlet?
Is it OK to leave electric fireplace on overnight?
Do electric fireplaces look fake?
How far off the floor should an electric fireplace be?
Do electric fireplaces need a dedicated circuit?
The Differences Between Gas And Electric Fireplaces
Here is a great YouTube video that talks about the pros and cons of gas and electric fireplaces:
Hi, I am Charles your local Home Tech and Gadget Expert. I’ve been fascinated with electricity for as long as I can remember. I grew up in an old home in a rural setting, so the quality and continuity of our electrical service were spotty at best.
Spending time without power (or running off a generator) gave me a lot of appreciation for the benefits of electricity. I love writing and talking about it.